*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193688-The-Candles-Flame-of-Hope
by Dave
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #1193688
My winning entry for "The 'I AM' Imagery-Prose" Contest
I am a candle’s flame, bringing hope to people around the world. My flickering luminescence embodies the hope of air to breath for a miner as he toils in the midst of the rumbling and clanging cacophony within that grimy, gritty dust milieu of the mine’s deepest blackness. My light in a window casts a ray of hope guiding a traveler in the cold winter wilderness to a warm hearth, cheerful fellowship, and a hearty meal.

My mellow glow with a glass of Chardonnay sparks the spirit of romance between a couple, as he reaches across the table to give her hand a gentle squeeze while the violins play Cupid’s entrancing refrain. On a chocolate cake covered with sweet pink and chartreuse icing, I light a child’s eyes with hope that a wish will be granted amidst all the happy singing. The heat of my solitary blaze ignites the candles, one by one, of the multitudes praying at their midnight vigil, spreading the light and hope for the faithful around the world.


*************************************************************

172 words
© Copyright 2006 Dave (drschneider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193688-The-Candles-Flame-of-Hope