*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193777-Arythmia
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Death · #1193777
Arythmia Heart death sadness sad emotional emotion emotions
(This story is yet to be finished)


The day was November 1st, 2005 and Mrs. Bryant was busy in the kitchen preparing a lunch for herself, and her son, David. He always came home from school to sit down and eat with his mom. It was almost a tradition. No one would ever think something might happen that would change this tradition, or their lives.

She was humming a song that had been playing on the radio earlier even though she didn't know it's name, Mrs. Bryant just liked the tune. Today, lunch would be grilled cheese and ham. Just as she put the first sandwich on to cook the phone rang. Mrs. Bryant wiped her hands on a towel and picked up the cordless from the table.

"Hello?" she shuffled back to the grilled cheese.

"Mrs. Bryant?" a male's deep voice sounded through the receiver.

"This is she."

"Mrs. Bryant, this is Mr. Smithe... David's Principal..." the male voice shook slightly.

"Oh hello. My son isn't in trouble is he? If he is, I'm sure he didn't do anything bad on purpose." she continued humming the song.

Silence. Then...

"He didn't do anything bad... Ma'am... Your son..."

Now Mrs. Bryant started feeling uneasy and she felt her heart beating hard in her chest.

"He's fine isn't he?"

"Ma'am.... David.... he... He collapsed during the morning PT class. He's been taken to Valley Memorial Hospital...." Mr. Smithe, paused several times as if trying to compose himself.

Mrs. Bryant just stood dumbstruck, holding the receiver to her ear and not wanting to hear what she had just been told. It couldn't be true.... not her healthy, strong, son.

"He's okay. Probably didn't drink enough water and was dehydrated. He'll be fine."

"Mrs. Byant.... we had to jumpstart his heart. It took us five minutes to get a faint heartbeat..."

"No. He's just dehydrated. Thats all... just dehydrated..."

"Ma'am.... David is in danger of dying. You have got to believe what I say..."
© Copyright 2006 Lacrymosa (lacrymosa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193777-Arythmia