*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193869-Mommys-Christmas-letter
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Holiday · #1193869
A Christmas letter to Mommy
Mommy’s Christmas Letter


Merry Christmas mommy.
Our teacher wants us to write a Christmas letter,
Then give to whomever we want too on Christmas day.
So I'm writing to you.

I want to tell you. You! Are the greatest mommy in the world.
When I fell, You would pick me up. When I was hurt or crying.
You would comfort me, Hug and kiss me, tell me it was only a scratch.
Then stay with me until I was better.

When I was afraid to sleep. You would read me a story; Daddy did too sometimes,
But mostly you did. You would read and read until I fell asleep.

I remember the best story you ever told me. Before last Christmas,
It was about Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas.
You even told me the story without reading from a book.
But you did show me a book. You showed me the front cover.
It read; “The Holy Bible” you gave the book to me that day.
Then you told me; read it every chance you can,
Keep it close to your heart and never be afraid of it.
I understand now mommy; what you were telling me.

So this Christmas I wanted to get you something special. I asked daddy for help.
You know he's so busy anymore. But when I want to talk with him.
He stop's everything he's doing, Set's down, Sometimes puts me on his knee.
Then we talk and talk never looking at the time. Sometime minuets or sometime hours. Then when were done. He gives me a kiss on my cheek. Then go's back to were he left off. He looks so tired and sad anymore.

I'll be back later mommy. Daddy and I are going shopping for you today. I love you.

I'm Back mommy, Wow! What a long day. So many people out there.
I found something special for you today. Daddy said he loved it.
He said; it is such a beautiful gift.
He loved it so much. He started to cry. Then so did I. He knelt down, then wiped the tears from my face, Then said; I was the most Precious gift of all, for mommy and him.

I know you will like it, Because I know you love candles. It is called the eternal light,
It 's a beautiful candleholder. You put the special candle in it and it last a long long time.


Daddy started to tell this old man at the store what happen to you around last Christmas.
The tears started falling from daddy's face. The old man looked at me.
I could see his eyes swelling with a tear rolling down his cheek. He smiled at me.

Then said; please let me come on Christmas day and put your candle where you would like it.

Daddy said he would be honored. So when you see a stranger with use tomorrow on Christmas day. Don't be afraid mommy.
He's there to put the candle next to your stone. He's such a friendly kind old man.


So mommy, When I see you again tomorrow. Daddy and I will light the candle together. Then I’m giving you this letter.
Daddy got me a big envelope so I could draw a picture on the front of it.
You will like that too! It's a picture of you-daddy-me and the dog. Standing around the Christmas tree. With lot’s of candles and Christmas lights and presents at our feet.

Daddy said we would all be together again.
But we have to wait until Jesus is ready for use.

I love you,
I miss you a lot mommy.
Love Always, Your Son.
Daddy wants me to tell you, He loves you with all his heart and misses you a lot too.

PS
Mommy

I found this in the bible you gave to me.

John 3; 16

For god so loved the world, That he gave his only begotten son.
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

© Copyright 2006 Lorenzo Coco Sr (shez5523lc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1193869-Mommys-Christmas-letter