*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194660-Shark-House-Fire-A-loss-to-All
by Carla
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #1194660
I was a regular at the Shark House
The Shark House will be missed!
By Carla Brooke
During the early morning hours of December 12, the Shark House in Flagler Beach burned to the ground. Phones rang throughout Flagler County that morning; a very special place was gone. More than a local restaurant, it was a meeting place where strangers became close friends. A place where, if you missed a Sunday of karaoke you heard about it the next time you were there. You were missed. A place where you could celebrate your birthday each year with a room full of new and old friends, where you could meet a Shark House friend every Sunday and just dance the night away, where anyone could get up and sing their heart out and hear a loud applause and encouragement.

Both young and old enjoyed their time on the stage at the Shark House through the years. It didn’t matter whether the management or the karaoke jockey changed, the regulars still came and enjoyed each other’s company year after year, encouraging others to come and join in the fun.

The hope throughout Flagler County is that the Sullivan family will pull through and bring back the warm and friendly place that was the Shark House.

Shark House Regulars Meet Again
By Carla Brooke
A circle of friends, Shark House regulars, met for the first time since a fire devastated their regular watering hole on the morning of December 12th. Harryoke drew these Sunday performers to “get their sing on” at the Black Cloud Saloon in Palm Coast on February 4th. Although the Super Bowl was making its yearly kick off that evening, staunch fans of karaoke made their way to find Harry’s new venue. With seats reserved and song disks at the ready they came, enjoyed the music, danced, ate and cheered each person, who performed. For four hours from 5 to 9 p.m. this circle of friends reminisced and caught up with each other’s lives and when it ended vowed to be back next Sunday bringing more friends back to the fold.

© Copyright 2007 Carla (UN: carla

© Copyright 2006 Carla (carla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194660-Shark-House-Fire-A-loss-to-All