*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195504-Kraft-Dinner-The-Fork-Vs-Spoon-Debate
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Comedy · #1195504
kraft dinner with a fork or a spoon? read on to find out why the spoon is better
The Craft of Kraft Dinner: The Spoon Vs Fork Debate

In 1937 Kraft made a huge contribution to the world. Although there will always be those in this world who do not appreciate the glory of boxed macaroni and cheese, the impact it has made on North American culture since its debut is undeniable. The miracle of boxed cheesy pasta goodness goes by two names, depending on where you are, either Kraft Dinner or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. For the purpose of this essay, however, let us simply refer to it as Kraft Dinner. When released in the U.S and Canada it was a quick and innovative way of feeding the family in a pinch, and it’s popularity grew significantly during world war II when many household items where rationed. The topic of our beloved Kraft Dinner, however, is not without it’s controversy; many experts argue over the issue of whether or not the meal should be eaten with a spoon, or a fork. The fact of the matter, however, is that Kraft Dinner should be eaten with a spoon. Only in eating Kraft Dinner with a spoon are you capable of displaying the proper Kraft Dinner eating technique.

Although some people may argue that a fork is much more appropriate for the dining pleasures of Kraft dinner, this is just not so. While the Kraft Dinner box does feature a fork, let it be well known that the Kraft Macaroni and cheese box does indeed feature a spoon scooping up the delectable cheesy noodles. The truth is, only a spoon can allow the proper scooping technique that is essential when eating Kraft dinner. In this case, a bowl is always quite helpful, but the bowl/plate debate is a whole other story. Kraft Dinner cannot quite be considered a solid, but yet it is most certainly not a liquid either. As with other such things like this, ice cream, pudding, and the like, they are most often eaten with a spoon because of the scooping required to properly procure the product. This is not done as affectively with a fork.

We mustn’t forget the cheese sauce either, which is essential to the Kraft Dinner experience. It is not uncommon to find people using bread or other absorbent edible mediums to soak gravy or sauces off of a plate, and since the cheese sauce is so incredibly essential to the meal, why not use a spoon to gather all of the goodness in one scoop. A fork, while perhaps being able to gather some of the sauce, certainly could not attain this goal as successfully as a spoon could.

Perhaps most importantly is the art of the smooth transition. Kraft Dinner is incredibly popular with college and university students. (Perhaps even most popular with them.) With these consumers of Kraft Dinner, it is incredibly important to be able to make Kraft Dinner with the least amount of dishes possible. With a spoon, you can stir the pasta while it is boiling, you can measure out the milk, you can get a scoop of butter or margarine and you can mix it all together for the final piece de resistance. From here, the logical thing to do would be to use the same spoon to eat the Kraft Dinner. Why spoil a perfectly good fork, and have to clean it as well? With a fork, you cannot measure out the milk or scoop the margarine, now can you?

That being said, Kraft Dinner is an inexpensive meal. Hence why it is so popular with University and College students. In this day and age, Kraft Dinner is right up there with Raman noodles and canned tuna fish. Eating Kraft dinner with a fork, just goes against everything that Kraft dinner and its true admirers stand for. Tines are simply too classy for Kraft Dinner. What would come next? Eating Kraft Dinner off of your Grandmothers China? The fact of the matter is that Kraft Dinner is a low maintenance meal. Eating Kraft Dinner with a spoon is like selling out.

There are some exceptions to the Kraft Dinner/spoon rule, as there are with any rules. It is understood, that sometimes the need for Kraft Dinner is a life or death situation. In this case, if a spoon is not anywhere in the perimeter, a fork would be suitable for the consumption of the meal. However, someone who had true respect for the craft of Kraft dinner would seriously consider using their hands. The only other situation in which it is suitable to use a fork, would be if it were served as a side dish with something which could not be eaten with a spoon by any means. For example, if someone were to serve steak with a side dish of Kraft Dinner accompanying it on the dish, then it would be suitable to continue to eat the Kraft Dinner with a Fork. These situations however, should be few and far between, and avoided at all costs.

The evidence is everywhere, and you simply can’t argue with the cold hard facts. On a website dedicated entirely to Kraft Dinner, it states clearly that,  “Kraft dinner requires getting exactly two items dirty; a pot, and a spoon.”  The website also goes on to list the reasons why Kraft dinner is the food to eat. How could one spoil such an incredible and rare feature in a meal? It would truly be heartless of a person. On another website, surveys were conducted, and the end results proved that 45% of the people surveyed preferred to eat their Kraft dinner with a spoon, whereas only 37% preferred a fork. The other 18% of those surveyed preferred ‘other’ utensils to eat their Kraft Dinner. It certainly is comforting to know that, in this day and age, the days of Suicide Bombers, Terrorists, and Global warming, at least some good has prevailed in the world, and the spoons are, in fact, winning in the spoon versus fork battle.
© Copyright 2006 I dont know what this is. (hoolia_julie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1195504-Kraft-Dinner-The-Fork-Vs-Spoon-Debate