*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196559-Bear-tree
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1196559
Is life what we look for or what we come to expect?
The log was pulverized.  I had seen many of them before and thought it was just part of natural decay.  Our guide pointed out that it was a bear log.  He destroyed with his claws to get at the bugs within.

I knew from watching cartoons that bears ate picnic baskets and had vague inklings that they might eat campers from looking at forestry department material.
I guess I wasn’t ready for the King of the forest to be eating bugs and doing major damage to dead logs.  What was it that I wanted and needed?  Obviously it wasn’t bugs.  How many shows had I watched on myself that had convinced me I really didn’t want or realistically expect?  Fairness doesn’t grow on trees and perhaps the only ones that can feast on fairness are Angels and God.

Do I really want the things that God wants for me?  (Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self control).  The answer seems to lie deep inside of us, like in the dead log, pulverized by a bear.

What is unalienable, like the rights of man?  Maybe its questions, with the answers lying deep inside.
© Copyright 2007 Michaelmountain:spring hope (frontierman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196559-Bear-tree