*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197884-Dear-Me-in-2007
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1197884
2007 Goals
Dear Me,
So far this year, the whole 3 days of it, has been challenging in itself. It seems as though there is a huge ball of cosmic energy with puppet strings that have attatched themselves to me, and I am being flung around like a macabre living marionnette. It only makes sense to take this year and refocus on what is truly important to me, and that is to simply write.
This year I intend on brushing up my Portfolio and adding some writings that may be really horrible writings, but at least they are written, and that is sometimes half the battle.
This year I am committed to finishing the story I started three, (has it really been three?) years ago. The time has come for the final chapter of the story that really was meant to be fiction.
This year I will complete my goal to have reviewed 100 other stories and poems. I made it to eighty-something so far, so this is perfectly manageble. I owe it to the writing community who have been very generous in giving me workable reviews of my own writing.
This year I will diligently work on the research and rough draft of the story that bounced around my mind's eye, and which made me sit up and notice that there was so much more to me than I had ever thought possible.
So my dear me, these are my goals for what may be the most challenging year of all. And what better way to end the year, but to read this letter and remind myself that I really do have what it takes to meet a challenge head on, attack with full force, and win the battle in the end.

(Authors Note: 12/17/2009 - The year was not without its challenges, and two years later I am finally able to read this. This hopeful, and frankly honest girl who only wanted to write a story has disappeared. And it's unknown if she can return. There is a limit to how much pain someone can go through without suffering eternally in some way from its effects. Thank you to those who read this, a memory of myself in a lighter time. ~Adara.)
© Copyright 2007 Adara in Wonderland (adara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197884-Dear-Me-in-2007