*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197925-Patient-Advice-For-Writers-Block
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1197925
Exact copy of reply just sent to a writer here, concerned about "writer's block".
Just remember the first few times you wrote something...  was it a STRUGGLE???  Did you have to FIGHT for it, or did it scream out to you, already there?  Were you afraid, or just willing to let it happen?  Relax.  Go read my "A Guided Meditation"; it may help calm you down, for that is the ONLY thing you need to do.  Relax, and keep your inner ears open for your muse's whisper.  Your 'muse' knows she/he is loved, and he/she loves you.  Think about the times you've been in love and perhaps too exuberant on occaision...  or maybe this has happened to you in reverse.  No one and nothing enjoys being rushed.  Over-exuberance feels like pressure to both you and your beloved...  your muse/your love of writing/your inspiration...  perhaps even your purpose.  Would you pour growth hormones on a delicate rosebud, so precious and rare, just to see it blossom sooner, or would you allow it to take its own precious time to bloom for you?  Remember that it is quality not quantity that matters to a true artist; and true art cannot be manufactured from an assembly line.  Your readers WILL know the difference...  and so will you.
Love and Peace,
kristikim
© Copyright 2007 kristikim (kristikim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197925-Patient-Advice-For-Writers-Block