*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197991-Dear-Me
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1197991
Contest Entry


Dear Me,

This year I resolve to finish the completion of the three novels and two books of poetry I’ve procrastinated on this past year, my intention to make them even better than the ones due to be released in the next couple of years. I’m going to do my utmost to make the storylines and characters in the novels believable and entertaining, and strive to make my poetry even better than ever, along with making even more reviews and entering more contests at WDC than I did last year. I intend to keep reaching for the stars, and to follow my heart until my dreams are fulfilled.

The second resolution I make is to quit smoking for health’s sake. Having had pneumonia and bronchitis several times the past year, I commit myself to doing everything in my power to prevent myself from more respiratory damage. Born an asthmatic, I realize I need to do all I can to stick to this resolution as difficult as it is going to be. To put it bluntly, I don’t want my life going up in a cloud of smoke.

Another resolution I make is to spend more quality time with my daughter and grandchild. Another expected in June, I want to make the most of the extra time I have making cherished memories with my grandchildren and the rest of my family. The past year I found myself forgetting that life is too short not to pause long enough and stop to smell the roses so to speak. Therefore this year, my intention is to do just that.

Last, but certainly not least, is my resolve to stick to the commitments I’ve made and enjoy life to the fullest. I plan to keep in contact with the numerous friends I have already, and to make more along the way. I’ve been blessed with many new ones the past year, and am thankful for the love and support they have given me.

No more pretty promises do I make myself, just a firm resolve to do my utmost to make these things transpire. So I close in saying that I intend to give it my all this year by making these things happen. I’ve been told all of my life that the best things in life are worth a fight, and I intend to do just that. I plan to fight hard to fulfill every resolution made.

Signed,
A determined Sherri








© Copyright 2007 SHERRI GIBSON (sherrigibson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197991-Dear-Me