*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198306-Christmas-and-Thanksgiving
Rated: E · Essay · Holiday · #1198306
An essay on the memories of christmas and thanksgiving and how they compare and contrast
Christmas and Thanksgiving Memories.
By: Alva Roberts

         During the holidays, most people remember similar items that occur during the holiday seasons.  Almost everyone remembers one thin in particular, the food.  Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, most families remain so busy that their memories of these two holidays tend to blend together.  These two holidays are so similar, but at the same time so very different.

         As you and your family sit down to have Thanksgiving or Christmas meals.  There are many things that you may remember.  Many people remember the beautiful decorations, which their loved ones have displayed to instill the holiday season.  Another great memory of the holiday seasons is the feelings of love, warmth, and enjoyment that is only present when you are around your loved ones and close friends.  Both of these memories are definite strong points that many people can say they remember clearly.  However, most families remember the wonderful smells that fill most homes around the holiday season.  All of those delicious foods prepared for the holidays are so mouth watering and enticing that many people bring home the holiday spirit to celebrate the next day at lunch.  These are but a few reasons that holidays seem to blend together.

         Even though Christmas and Thanksgiving do tend to blend together, the two holidays are in fact very different.  At Thanksgiving the pilgrim and the turkey decorations displayed with the beautiful fall colors on the tables, mixed with delightful smell and taste of turkey and stuffing are very different for the decorations and smell of the Christmas season.  Most families at Christmas remember the bright colors of the lights and ornaments on the large foliage covered Christmas trees, and the smell of at juicy, moist, and tender ham that accents the smell of gingerbread and cookies.  Even though, the food is the most remembered part of these two holiday seasons by the real separator is the meaning behind the holidays.  Christmas is a time to remember and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and Thanksgiving is a time to remember and celebrate the union between the Native Americans and the first European settlers.  These two holidays at times do tend to blend together due to several similarities, but these differences are what separate most people memories.

         Even though, Thanksgiving and Christmas memories do tend to blend together because of their similarities.  Many families can present their different memories within the differences of the same similarities.  These two holidays are so similar, yet at the same time so very different.
© Copyright 2007 kaoticmonkey (alvaroberts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198306-Christmas-and-Thanksgiving