*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199362-Junkie
by Kay
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1199362
Junkie teen, coming of age, urban life, homelessness
   
                                        Prologue

    She hands him the needle and closes her eyes.  Just the sight of  a needle makes her queasy.  Go figure, a junkie who’s afraid of needles.  Life’s like that, I guess.
      She leans against the cold concrete wall and holds her breath as the needle penetrates her skin.  The heroin warms her like a hug as it coarses through her veins.  She’s home.  Everything is going to be alright.
         
      When she comes to it’s already dark outside.  She’s not quite sure how long she’s been out.  But, she’s the only one still in the house.  The others must already be out working.  She slowly stands up, her long slender legs stiff from laying on the hard cement floor.  She staggers to the far wall to look in the mirror.  Her eyeliner’s smeared, but other than that she’s looking good.  She knows, without a doubt, she’s by far the prettiest girl working 7th and Williams.

                                                One

      The air was cool, coming off the Gulf of Mexico.  This time of year you could really feel the temperature change as soon as the sun went down.  She'd been in Florida for a little over a year.  It was a major change from Michigan.  Not that she was complaining.  She hated the cold.
     
      She lights a cigarette and adjusts her skirt, making sure she's showing enough leg.  Around the corner she sees the yellow mustang.  It's her favorite john, Slade.  He's been a loyal customer from day one.  He's loaded, likes to party, and is drop dead gorgeous.  He's definitely not like the others.  Most of them are old business men, fat and balding. 

      "Hey Angel," Slade smiles as he pulls the car over, "Want to go on an adventure?"
     
      Angel returned the smile and jumped into the car.
     
      Slade turned up the radio and motioned to the glove compartment.  She opened it and took out a small pipe and a baggie.  She packed a bowl and handed it to Slade.  He lit it and took a long hit.  The sweet smell of marijuana quickly filled the car.

     

© Copyright 2007 Kay (klg1982vw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199362-Junkie