*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199826-Happy-New-Year
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Health · #1199826
I have a website http://poeticblyss.tripod.com/ and this is a piece I worte for that.
Happy New Years

By Ms. Blyss





Thank God, the holidays are over! Since I said that I would report on the good, the bad, and the ugly of my diet; I guess I have no choice but to tell the truth. Christmas, I promise you I wasn’t on a diet. My grandmother can cook, and I love just about everything she makes. But with that said, I also have to tell you that I took my niece to Mc Donald’s, and I ended up getting something. But hey, we all have our days where we fall for the temptations.

On another note, I have been watching all these commercials, and I see a lot of ads geared toward weight loss. I actually saw an ad that pointed out what people didn’t like about their bodies. I have been questioning why people don’t promote emotional fitness. I believe that if you can get healthy on the inside first, there won’t be that big of a hassle getting physically fit. I say this because no matter how much weight you loose; if you are not healthy spiritually, you will continue to find things you don’t like about your body.

On my website, I have a link on the Inspiration page. It’s getting started at any task you plan on completing. I know how hard it is to start a diet and stay on track, and this article is very inspiring. If you read the piece, “Understanding Your Eating Habits: An Emotional Tie”, then you know I said I was going to start meditating. I realized that I knew nothing about meditating so I started researching. I will let you know when I begin meditating, and I will keep you informed on how it’s working for me.

I read an article in Oprah magazine about being overweight and exercising. It says that you should start off slow, and not to give up. I have my up and down moments, and I know how hard it is just to get motivated to exercise. Find something that you feel comfortable doing and start off slow. Don’t overwork yourself in the beginning because that could be discouraging.

With all that said, I pray you have a blessed new year. Remember that you did not put the weight on overnight, and it won’t come off overnight. Old habits are hard to break, and newer ones are even harder to form.

~Ms. Blyss~
© Copyright 2007 Ms.Blyss (poeticblyss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199826-Happy-New-Year