*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200039-A-Delicious-Deception-WDC-Testimonial
by KimChi
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Satire · #1200039
A slice of organic humble pie drenched in fruity, artificial flavoring.


CAUTION-ADDICTIVE!

Do not be enticed by the gift points, contests, and games to dip into the “harmless fun” of brain-teasing appetizers. This site lays out an immoral mental smorgasbord of decadent truffles disguised as crisp crudités.

I started out nibbling on other's creations, and soon I was biting into reviews. I honestly didn't see the harm in choking off a hungry child's innocent request with: “Your thesis would be better supported if you gave specific examples of how ice cream is good for you.”

It didn't take long before I was stewing in my own poetry. I savored the idea that I could quit whenever I wanted…until the day I found myself washing the same dish, mulling the ancient question of whether shadows jump, dance, or flicker.

Today, I tasted my first public review...and... now I realize I've been reduced to a junkie, craving her next trip to the literary buffet. My last memory is of dancing into the kitchen, relishing the thought of a vegan meal. An hour later, my husband found me; immersed in the pots and pans, slurping greasy strings of ham from my fingertips—marinating in a mesmerizing melange of metaphor and meter.

May my unsavory confession serve as a recipe of warning.

SAVE YOURSELF. Do not sample even one tempting morsel, lest you be swallowed in the Hades of cerebral gluttony that is Writing.com.
© Copyright 2007 KimChi (kimchi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200039-A-Delicious-Deception-WDC-Testimonial