*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200301-The-Girlfriend
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1200301
After a young man kills his girlfriend, strange things begin to happen.
The moon was shimmering as it was being reflected by a nearby lake. The skies were clear and everything was silent. There I was driving in my car. I had just done something terrible. A crime. A very serious crime. I had just killed my girlfriend. It had to be done. She threatened my family behind my back for many weeks. It was a simple death. Nothing too violent. She always said she had liked windows, so why not push her out of one to kill her? The murder took place at her house. I am not proud of what I had just done. I just thought there was no other way.

The road I was driving on was completely deserted. It was surrounded by a huge forest with lots of dying trees and there was no other wildlife to be seen. Suddenly my mobile phone began to ring. I quickly pulled over and answered it.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Greg. Greg. Greg," a woman's voice said on the other end. The voice. It was so familiar.
"Who is this?" I asked. There was no reply. I thought it was my girlfriend. But it couldn't be her. She was dead.
"Natasha, is this you?" I asked as my head filled with thoughts.
"Greg," the voice said again. Suddenly on her line I could hear a window smash.
The person on the other line hung up.

I thought for a while. It couldn't be somebody playing a prank because nobody else knows. I put my car into gear and begun to drive again. The rest of the drive was peaceful and I eventually arrived at my house. I pulled out my key and unlocked the front door. As soon as I entered I knew something wasn't right.

I turned to lights on and I just sat down on my sofa. I didn't know what to do. Should I turn myself in to the police?  Should I tell somebody I trust about it? I decided I needed more light so I turned on the lamp that was placed on a small table next to the sofa.

After a few seconds it turned itself off. I was beginning to worry now. Something strange was going on. I turned it on again only for it to turn itself off again a few seconds later. I heard a tap on the window. I looked at it. Nothing was there. It tapped again. I looked again only this time I saw Natasha's face. I stood up in shock.

I ran upstairs into the bathroom and washed my face down. I looked into the bathroom mirror and I saw Natasha's face once again. Suddenly the house phone rang. I ran downstairs and answered it.
"Greg. Greg. Greg," the same voice and dialogue as before.
"Turn around Greg," the voice said.

I turned around and there stood a pale white figure which resembled Natasha. The last thing that happened involved a strangely familiar window.
© Copyright 2007 AquafireGal (aquafiregal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200301-The-Girlfriend