*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200477-Journey-to-Lands-End
by sairin
Rated: E · Documentary · Fantasy · #1200477
This is not a story! I repeat, this is not a story! I am exploring the background for one
Viewed from space, this planet is wet. Seas cover the bulk of it; what land exists is located south of the equator. There is one continent, the shape erratic. The south western most part of the continent is broken into fiords. The is the region known as Land's End. Land's End is heavily forested and largely unsettled.

The bulk of the population of this continent lives in a city to the eastern central portion of this continent. Scattered cities and towns are found along the northern and eastern coastlines.

There are several tiny archipelagos; most are north and norwest of the continent, scattered both sides of the equator. There is one archipelago to the east.

There are polar caps north and south. The southern cap reaches to within 100 miles of the continent.

The weather is dry to the east and central parts of the continent, wet to the west, and changeable to the north. Land's End gets the highest rainfall although it has a large amount of sunshine hours also. The eastern islands are wet while the northern archipelagos have a definate wet and dray season.

The sun around which this earth revolves is a deep orange. There is a single moon, affecting the tides on a regular twelve and a half hour cycle; twice for a 24 hour day.
© Copyright 2007 sairin (sarahwatkeys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200477-Journey-to-Lands-End