*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200565-Fairy-Tale-Love
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1200565
He that cheats me once, shame on you. He that cheats me twice, shame on me.
         We’ve all heard the stories, kiss a frog and you get a prince, sob over your problems and a magical fairy waves her wand and makes them disappear, run away from home and you’ll find peace in a house of strangers who take you in because they feel sorry for you. These prophecies seep into the heads of children as tea seeps into water. Just as the hot water blackens slowly from the herb leaves, young girls are drawn to the conclusion that when all seems lost their Prince Charming will suddenly appear and vanquish their troubles.

         If you kiss a frog you don’t get a prince, you get a mouth full of slime and pond water. And if you spend your time sitting around waiting for “someone special” to come along and sweep you off your feet you’ll be asleep before that day comes. For a man who is looking to satisfy his hunger will not be satisfied with dusty food. Rather the food that has just been made in anticipation of his coming.

         Love is like a tree. It can’t grow just anywhere and it can’t grow on its own. A mosaic tile is beautiful, but a seed placed upon it and forgotten will dry out. If one chooses to love by looks and smile at their partner as they would a trophy, the relationship will last no longer than the seed placed on stone. The partner will be treated like that seed, an empty husk to be filled with obligations not meant for it. A seed cannot talk, laugh, or run; and the one who tries to make it do these things will become angered at the seed for not changing itself on their behalf.

         The one who throws out a rose because it lost a petal, is one who will never be satisfied with any rose, for no flower can be perfect, and likewise no person. And one who files down the briars on the stem has taken something away, and the stem is no longer the stem of a rose.

         The girl who chooses her boyfriend based on whether his nose is centered on his face is a girl who chooses her partners based on their husks. Without a care as to whether the corn inside is golden and fresh or brown and rotten. But if the wiser of harvesters can teach them to peel back the shell before taking a bite, the foretold stomachache could be prevented.
© Copyright 2007 Phoenyx, risen from the ashes (spiritashes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1200565-Fairy-Tale-Love