*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201290-Downward-Spiral
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1201290
Just how I sometimes feel..........
Have you ever felt like you are caught in a non-stop, constant downward spiral? A spiral that goes on forever that you can just never seem to crawl out of. The hole seems to grow deeper and deeper with every breath you take. It's like having a building pressure sitting on your chest that never wants to let up. The burdens get heavier and heavier, the days grow longer and the spiral grows deeper. It is an ever present feeling of non-survival. The epitome of hell at times with no end in sight. How does one relieve themselves of this feeling that just knots them up inside. How do you release the beast within that is holding you down? You can't keep letting it pull you in further, but it seems you have no choice. It grasps at you and pulls you harder each and every time you try to climb. The beast within is the worst of all beasts known to man and probably the most damaging. How do you control it? How do you make it understand that you are trying to climb your way out and to the top? You no longer want to be embedded in this hole. You no longer want to be a prisoner in your own mind, body, and soul. You want revitalization, rejuvenation, renewal in general. You want to be brought back to the outer edge of the hole to only look down inside and say "I will no longer be your puppet, your toy. I am human. I am worth more. I am no longer your's to play with. I am free."
© Copyright 2007 sophocles33 (sophocles33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201290-Downward-Spiral