*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201306-The-Fall--of-Drakshur
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aydruc
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · War · #1201306
Tells the story of the fall of the fort city of Drakshur.
    umm acually this is a work in progress so when it ends after like the second paragraph don't think i'm an idiot and end a story before it begans. hope you like it    ^.^


                                                  The Fall of Drakshur
                                                  By: Travis Gaugler


    It was Wensday night as I recall it. Yes Wensday night at midnight on the night of the blood moon. It was what seemed like a normal night in the Summer in Drakshur. Until the guards started to turn up missing when new ones came to relieve them of their duties. At first everyone thought they just left their post and got drunk again. Untill at about 11:30pm when a guard came for his shift when he smelled blood. But not normal animal blood human blood. As he fallowed the sent he saw blood on the ground. Then he noticed a bloody sword that looked like his. So he thought it was just a stain and continued until he saw a torch on the ground and next to it a dead guard with an arrow in the back of his head.

"Quick sound t------!" "Hhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

    Well let's just say he'll be missed. As he falls to the ground with a dagger in his back Gezac and some others comes from the trees.

Gezac - "Huh well what do you know the idiot fell for it"

Lucky - "Wow sir you were right they are stupid!"

Gezac - "Quite you! We need to hurry and get into the city another will be here soon."

    As they snuck into the city so they could open the gates to let the army in Hezag noticed that there was an extra set of steps. So he raised to fingers as a signal for his men to stop. Yes he could hear it clearly now there were some extra steps. But these didn’t even sound light like his heaviest knights steps. No these steps were heavy and came with the extra clink of armor! And there was dozens of them? But why were my men wearing that junk? I told them it was to noisy and slowed us down to much.

Captain of Guard - “Halt in the name of Kie!”

(Kie being the name of a great Warrior God)

Hezag - “Well what do you know men, looks like we’ve got some little boy’s with sticks.”

    After a short while everyone realizing the joke laughed. Then after about a minute goes by the silence is broken by some one.

Lucky - “What no sir?”

Hezag - “Kill them all.”

    After the fight broke out Hezag drew his sword and walked away so he could find and make his way to the guard house so he could open the gate and let his men in into the city so that Drakshur could be conquered. But then he hears some sort of high pitched whimpering. Like a dogs? Yes like a dog’s as he remembers his best friend (a dog) as a child.

Hezag - “Hmmm now come here boy.”

    Surprisingly a dog did come out. A great big well fed mass of mussel with Jet black fur like a starless sky. As he thought of a good name for his new friend he also remembered a sub-branch of his guild, the Shadow Knights. So after a short debate with him self over a name he decides t o name his new found friend Shadow Brother.

Hezag - “Come now Shadow, we don’t have much time left.”

Shadow Brother - “ I’m sorry my dear lad, but is that me?”

Hezag - “Yes, that’s you not come.”
                         
Just realizing that the dogmjust spoke.

Hezag - “Well I’ll be damed the dog can talk.”

Shadow Brother - “Yes well ignore that like you said, there’s not much time left so let’s get going.”
© Copyright 2007 Aydruc (shadowangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201306-The-Fall--of-Drakshur