*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201317-Miracle-on-Frozen-Ground
Rated: E · Essay · Contest · #1201317
Miracle story for contest
  My family awoke on a Saturday morning in February of 2004 to discover we were without water. As my husband and his dad tried to thaw the pipes, I was finishing my bible study assignment for the next evening. In reading, I came upon a verse which I now hold as my own. Matthew 21:22, which says "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." I chewed on that all day long. When the men came up from the basement, they informed me that my husband thought it was the water heater, but it was not. The pipes were frozen, not in the basement but underground, and there was nothing we could do until the ground thawed. Ok, great.

    Off we went to take showers and to bring some water home from a friend's . We came home, put the kids to bed, and I got online. My husband and I were frustrated!  We talked and decided we could get through this calamity. (What choice did we have, really?).  It would be a pain to take showers elsewhere, do laundry, have to haul water in to drink and flush, but it wasn’t the end of the world. Of course; I’m not sure either one of us believed that. 

  Honestly, it felt like it was going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. We’d just had it with so many things hitting us.  My husband had lost his job, money was so tight it wasn't funny and  we were struggling with our faith and with our family.  As I walked in the kitchen,and opened the refrigerator do, I recalled that verse.  I prayed with everything I had in me.  I prayed that God would thaw the pipes, that we could have water, that it would only be through Him that the pipes could thaw. (Keep in mind, that it’s February and after ten at night; it was only getting colder).  I told God that my husband and I were both at a low point and needed Him to fix it for us. I walked back in and sat down at the computer, when all of a sudden I heard water running. All the faucets had been left on from earlier in the day. We had our water back. And it is only through God that we did.
© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201317-Miracle-on-Frozen-Ground