*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202332-Coffee-Shop-part-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Serial · Other · #1202332
The last in the series of shorts I wrote for class.
Candice looked over her list one last time and took out the pack of cigarettes she had hiding in her pocketbook.  She had tried quitting hundreds of times, but this wedding was just putting too much stress on her, and she needed the relief, so she bought the pack for “just in case.”  Well, if this didn’t qualify as “just in case,” she wasn’t sure what would.  She inhaled and was calmed, but only marginally.  There was still so much to do.  She still had to pick up the bride’s maids dresses, confirm the cake style, tell the live band that she had decided to go with the DJ, and send in the newest version of the RSVP list in to the caterer.  That wasn’t even mentioning going over flower arrangements, picking up her own dress, and the whole of the rehearsal dinner.  All in just over a week.

Candice looked at the diamond sitting on her left ring finger, and remembered how Michael had proposed, right at the very table she was now sitting at.  He had do it in a very Michael fashion, tossing her the ring box when she returned from the bathroom and waggling his eyebrows at her.  She tossed the box right back to him, and told him that she would not marry him until he asked properly.  So, of course, he called the attention of the entire coffee shop, got down on one knee with a grand flourish, and gave a very corny proposal speech.  Candice smiled as she thought that if any man was worth the hassle of a wedding, it was Michael.  She decided, somewhat sarcastically, that if she ever were to marry again, however, she would elope.         



                                                                                                             
© Copyright 2007 CharlotteWheever (charlotte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1202332-Coffee-Shop-part-5