*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203597-Fred-Becomes-a-Potato
by aletts
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1203597
This is a fable about accepting yourself and not trying to change who you are.
         Once in a lonely village, there lived an Ewok. His name was Fred. Fred was concerned; he was having an identity crisis. Poor Fred was the only ewok in his clan who could breathe fire. All of the other Ewoks laughed at him because he was different, so Fred decided to do something about it.

The next day, he made a resolution to become like his favorite vegetable, the potato.

"From now on, I will be known as Spud," Fred declared.

         So Spud sat down on the ground and started to think like a potato. Several other Ewoks passed by him and wondered what he was doing.

         "What are you doing?" asked Spud's friend Joe.


         "I'm a potato… duh!" Spud answered.

         "No you're not."

         "Yes I am!"

         "Okay, whatever floats your boat," Joe said as he walked away.

         "Hmm," Spud thought, "I must not be doing this right. Maybe I should pick out what kind of potato I want to be. There are so many choices!"

         After pondering for some time upon the different varieties of potatoes, Spud came to a decision.

         "I know! I'll be mashed potatoes!" he exclaimed.

         So Spud went outside and sprawled out on the ground. Little did he know that the annual celery parade was going on that afternoon. By the time he heard the band playing, it was too late. Spud was trampled by two hundred band members and seven brightly colored parade floats.

         "Ow!" Spud said, "I didn't think that being a potato would hurt so much."

         Spud decided to change into a potato chip. He had always liked those better anyway.

         After a few weeks of being a potato chip, something terrible happened. Spud was sitting in a chair, minding his own business and reading the newspaper, when all of a sudden, a fellow Ewok started to sit on top of him!

         "No! Wait!" Spud cried.

         But the Ewok did not know where the sound was coming from. He looked around and not seeing anyone, shrugged and sat down. CRUNCH!

         "Oops," said the anonymous Ewok," I hope that wasn't anyone's lunch!"

The End


© Copyright 2007 aletts (imatrekkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203597-Fred-Becomes-a-Potato