*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203805-Coming-home-to-visit
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1203805
This is about a man who comes home to visit his parents.
The cold bitter wind came up and grabed him from behind chilling him to the bone. It wrapped around him and pulled him, as he fought the ice cold wind he just about missed his turn. The motorcycle swerved dangerously before he gained control once again. As he pulled into the main drag of the sleepy little town that he grew up in he looked for the local motel. He knew for a fact that he didn't want to stay at his parents house. He remembered what happened last time he was there. But that was another story for another time. He reminded himself why he was here, his parents were bugging him about never coming home to visit them so he finally gave in and went back home, well their home anyways. He lived way out in the United States or as they called it down South. He was not afraid to admit that his parents were very old fashioned. He saw the motel sign and switched lanes to pull in. He went in and got a room with no dificulty, tomorrow was a big day, he would see his parents once again.

He took off early in the morning to see his parents, he knew they would be up before the sun like they were everyday. Which wasn't good for him becuase he liked to sleep in and stay up late. As he pulled up the driveway he saw that not much has changed since he left. He put his motocycle in the garage and went up to knock on the front door when his mom opened it wide for him and grabed him in her arms for a big hug. For a minute he thought that she would choke him but she let him go in time for him to get his breath back. She took him into the kitchen for some breakfast but when he saw what she was making he wasn't so sure. It was supposed to be happy faced pancakes but they looked more like a burnt piece of toast. He stayed the day but when he left he had to remind himself that it was only for a week. Six more days to go...

They asked him to stay but he said no, he had already paid for a room. Which acually was a pretty good excuse. The next day when he went to visit his parents he found them doing yoga in the backyard though he would call it more 'trying to smell your feet'. And he knew that was unpleasant, mostly because he had tried it before but had never told anyone. When they noticed him they stoped trying to smell your feet and asked him if he wanted to go for a swim. He agreed and they went swiming in the indoor pool at the house. His mom came out in a frilly, sparkly swimsuit while his dad came out in a speedo. Boy that was an awkward swim. He left right after that.

He went home to his hotel suite but the next day he found that he couldn't face his parents after that so he decided to call and cancle. He said that he wasn't feeling good probably from all of his traveling and they told him to stay there and rest. He knew now only 4 more days to go, he could last that long if they didn't try anything else.

But when he went there the next day with only 3 more days left he didn't know if he could make it. They decided to try to set him up on a date. The problem with this was the person was ten years older, and they were showing her baby photos of him and she was showing baby photos back...man could it get worse? Apearently so because as soon as they saw him they decided to go for another swim. He quickly excused himself and left.

He could stand this. Two more days. But as he was geting into his suite the phone rang and it was his mom saying that she was worried about him and that she would go down south to see him more often, he told her he was fine but she wouldn't believe him then she brought up something that he never wanted to remember again. The last visit that he was there. That was such a disaster that he had to block it from his mind. But when she brought up the tarantuala part he told her that he had to go back to work and he would have to leave early.

The next day he left and headed for home, but as he left he felt a little guilty about lying to his mom but just as he started up the motorcycle his boss phoned and said he needed him right away. But as he left little did he know that at his parents home they were dancing around celebrating that he had left. They loved him very much but sometimes parents need a little space too.
© Copyright 2007 New Writer (coolnewwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203805-Coming-home-to-visit