*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203858-social-structure
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1203858
social position. How people act upon a social environment, which is foreign to their own.
an ordinary persons life, the under dogs so to speak, in comparison to the more grand life of a "famous" person. two different social positions.

In the entire grand social structure scheme of things. It's technically possible to go from your current social position to any other "basis" (every position is always in a state of change) social position. “technically" possible, meaning you could try and try and try and never really get anywhere, yet feasible.


Intro: For starters in your own unknown place that which you act in and manipulate (to a degree), you act upon first impulse meaning that you wont really think twice about what you will say and probably not even think or care about what the response will be. this is your demeanor towards others (not only what you say, but how you go about it) plus the perception that others have about you (not only their response but how they are effected by it).

Moving into another social position within another environment can be easy or very hard, in relation to how far or close it is to your initial position.

1. The very fist thing towards going about moving into somewhere else, is to change your appearance such as your clothes. By doing this you are changing the perception that people will have about you initially at first sight, which will positively impact you down the track. Over 90 percent of people judge and label someone just by looking at them initially, before getting to know them.

2. Once there and actually active within the new environment and group, one of the hardest things to do is to change your demeanor and your perception that people will have about you. This means that you'll have to think twice about what you are going to say and even before you even say that, again think about what the response may be.
This is the easiest thing to mess up, you shouldn't rush your thinking and stay really focused on the task and not let your brain wonder off and think about something else. You may or may not be responding to people around you a little slower than usual, but practice makes perfect.

Again this second step is one of the hardest things to do and throughout your entire life. Essentially it's life experience.

It helps to be creative in responses and knowledgeable

3. In the environment itself it will take some assimilation to get your head around the basics(traveling really stimulates your brain).
© Copyright 2007 Stuchbery (stooch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1203858-social-structure