*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204479-Fire-Starter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1204479
Fox Fire's magic includes fire starting!
Fox Fire is a Native American series

In a previous story, Fox Fire, a maiden from an Eastern Tribe was found to have major powers of changing, herb medicine and fire starting. She was sent by her tribe to aid the battles of the Western Nez Perce.



"I shot into the bramble she disappeared into, but I don't think I got her," said the cowboy. He was holding a red scarfed, chestnut horse's rein. "But, I got her horse," he spat his tobacco chew on the ground.

The silver haired cowboy listened to him and was not so estatic. "Now, she will tell Cheif Joseph and they will have a stalking for us, you damn fool! You should of left the damn horse. If you killed on of their sqaws, they will be on every ledge if the woods, you fat, stupid fool . Let the horse go, before they snipe you for holding on to it."

"What?" The cowboy looked at the horse, it's sleek coat and could not believe the old cowboy wanted him to give up his prize. As he hesitated a fox ran under the horse, spooking it. It reared up and collided with the cowboy, his horse and a hoof hit the cowboy on the head, crushing his skull.

The silver haired, wise cowboy watched, grabbed his own horse reins to keep control. Backing up his horse, he watched the fox scurry around and run back into the bramble. He turned his horse and ran, leaving his gang man to die. A woman appeared from the bramble and took the chestnut horse and the dead cowboy's horse reins. She mounted her horse, her red feathers glistening in the breeze.

She looked down at the dead cowboy and she sat on her horse. She quickly jumped down and grabbed his guns. She mounted back on and stuffed the rifel in her saddle flap. She then pointed her hand at him and his body burst into flames. She screamed a call of victory and kicked and the pulled the other horse close to hers.

The flames soon licked into the bramble as she rode away. Galloping back to the tribe with her prize, she looked back at the fire.

© Copyright 2007 FoxFireMagic (foxfiremagic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1204479-Fire-Starter