*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205575-When-Mom-Stops-By-For-A-Visit
by ladyd
Rated: E · Monologue · Family · #1205575
When mom is a guest in her own home.
The days that mom stops by for a visit, she is treated like a guest. Served a breakfast of eggs, toast, banana and juice. Entertained by a variety of t.v. shows or maybe a good movie. She watches more so then listens. Visuals are more important these days. At lunch time she has a light meal, never ate a big lunch. Maybe some cottage cheese and fruit. She often stays for supper, I prepare a special dinner just for her. A piece of cake or some icecream rounds it all out. You sure get treated good here, she will sometime say.

At some point she will say, "Well, it's about time I be getting back." Back where, I will ask her. The answer will vary, well to the old house next door,(that's where I lived and it burned). Or, it's to the other place, but she doesn't know where it is. Or, the family will be coming to get her, or who will bring her home?

Obviously, mom did not come to visit. It is one of the days we deal with in the life of mom. I have to remind her, mom, this is your home and you have lived here almost 20 years. The house next door, had a fire and we had to move in with you and now we take care of you. She will shake her head, look down a bit, knowing she isn't remembering some important things, and not understanding why. But sometimes she will say, I'm just getting old and I forget some things. Who told you you're getting old, they are lying! We'd chuckle and off she'd go to get ready for bed. It was a nice days visit with the family.

© Copyright 2007 ladyd (ladyd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205575-When-Mom-Stops-By-For-A-Visit