*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205827-Addiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Emby
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1205827
magic addiction and the consequences, an old piece I'm re-editing.
    I am an addict.
    No, not what one would normally associate to being one. I don't do drugs. I only drink on special occasions. This problem of mine started last year and became more and more dangerous to me, as well as the people around me. It all began when my older sister, who is now in the mental institution, introduced me to it. I didn't believe it could ever work and it didn't when I had that attitude. One day I was vvery opn-minded towards the idea when she wasn't home. I went through all of her belonging and stumbled upon many different incenses and some printed off papers containing incantations. I sat down and tried to do a spell that would turn fire into ice. I found that this was a basic step in magic: turning one element into another. Concentrating hard enough I was able to change the flame in the goblet of alcohol to a melting pile of ice.
    After I succeeded with the first piece of magic I looked around the same room again. Lists of materials were strung about and a note to me was among them all. It warned me of what happened and what would happen if I followed her ways. Of course, just like the notes on her diary and other private belongings, I ignored it because I felt I could control myself. One spell had ulled my interest just enough. That's when it began, however. That's when my life began. It started out to be a very good thing, bet every great thing comes to an end.

    If one has ever experienced what it feels like to havve power, whether it be power over one human being or over a nation, then that person may just unerstand what I felt when this all began. It started out with me wanting to help others or make myself a better person but as it progressed I began to become selfish. The power began to suck me into to a different world. I was finding that whenever I did an incantation something would take over me. I would blank out for a couple of minutes at the most. It was scary but it also felt exhilerating, to feel this power and have control over the forces of nature. My blackouts were minor effects along with the constant bloody noses and huge migraines. It wasn't too much of a problem for me to cope with these because it was definitely worth it.
    I had a large ego boost that led to my downfall. When I was finally satisfied with my body image, I found that instead of helping my friends feel comfortable with themselves, I was making them feel even worse. Especially because
© Copyright 2007 Emby (emby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1205827-Addiction