*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206753-Chapter-2---Mistake
by -JR
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1206753
"I'm sorry it seems as if I've made a mistake. Now we need to go, it's not safe here."
"Take your hands out of the drawer and slowly turn around."

I obey the woman's voice, and I slowly retract my hands from the drawer. I spin around to see the silhouette of a small woman behind me. She has dark, black hair, and her skin is darker than mine. She flicks a flashlight on and points it at me. I blink and try to cover my face from the strong light. I can see her face clearly now.

"You're black," I state calmly.

"Yeah and you're white. What? Are you racist or something?"

"Um. . .No I'm sorry. I've just never seen a black person before. Or another person at all for that matter. . ."

She has strange looking eyes, which are bright green. Almost a neon green.
She lowers the gun and asks who I am.

"I dunno. All I know is that my name's Wayne, and I'm 16. Who are you?"

"Elisha. You're not a rebel are you?"

"Not that I know of. I can't remember anything past a few hours ago. . .at least I think so. How long are the days here?"

"Well, if you want to go by hours, they are about thirty seven hours long."

"I thought a day was twenty four hours?"

"Not where we are, Butch."

"My name's Wayne and where exactly might we be then?" I ask.

"Wow. . .Um having the name Wayne will get you killed up here. You will now be known as Butch, and we're on the moon. It was made into an artificial planet about fifty years ago. Earth was having some severe problems. . .I'll tell you more about it later. First we have to get out of here. I've made a mistake by wasting so much time. Rebels often roam around here at night."

"Rebels?"

"Some people weren't happy with the government up here and rebelled. Like I said before, I'll explain later. Now come on and let's get our asses out of here."

She grabs my shirt and yanks me out of the derelict apartment building.
© Copyright 2007 -JR (crossback7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206753-Chapter-2---Mistake