*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208019-Entrepreneurship--Making-A-Difference
Rated: E · Essay · Business · #1208019
Entrepreneurship, business leadship and financial independence...
Approximately 250 words on entrepreneurship, business leadership, financial independence or making a difference in the community through entrepreneurship.


A part time job in high school; while maintaining grades and joining extra curricular activities, can be extremely difficult. Since I am able to play several instruments, my band director suggested I tutor some of the younger students for extra cash. So I took her idea and ran with it. I got myself several young musicians interested in improving their skills for a small fee after school. When some of my friends noticed what I was doing, they also began tutoring in their instrument of choice. In doing so, we not only suddenly had cash in our pockets, but improved the quality of our music department as well.

I still love music, but my career choice and passion are the culinary arts. So when the
opportunity to work alongside the owner and Personal chef of Tender Loving Cuisine came about, I took the job. In watching her interact with her clients, she showed me that I could also own my own business with a strong client base, while doing what I love.

Along with tutoring and the side job of Sous chef, I volunteer at Gilda’s Club in Noogieland. Working with these children and teens that have been touched by cancer has shown me that you can do whatever you want to do, even if others think that it is a ridiculous long shot. They believe in hope and dreams. Using my culinary skills, I have been able to share with them Pizza Nights and cooking demonstrations, along with my passion for cooking. Through their enthusiasm for my talents, I can picture my future.
© Copyright 2007 pixybrat (pixybrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208019-Entrepreneurship--Making-A-Difference