*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208052-Angelia----Introduction
Rated: E · Novel · Biographical · #1208052
This is about my Dad's girlfriend. Angelia--the most perfect woman I've ever known.
(Drafted January 25, 2007
Revised September 19, 2007
to change the names of the characters)


ANGELIA

Introduction

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


          Hi there. My name is Ellaine. I am fifteen years old.. I have so much I want to say about Angelia, my friend and mentor who inspired me to write. You see, until Angelia came into my life, reading and writing were my least favorite things to do. She gave me a blank book and encouraged me to write about my life, my observations, my thoughts and feelings . . .anything. I ended up writing about her.

          Yes, this story is about Angelia, the most amazing woman I've ever known. She is my Daddy's girlfriend. Until he met her three years ago, Dad didn't seem to enjoy life much. We had fun with him, but it was a different kind of fun.

          My Mom and Dad got divorced six years ago. They have joint custody of my little brother and me; still, Dad pays child support, which surprises my friends who are in the same situation. Someday, maybe I'll understand how that works. Dad never talks to us about it. He doesn't like to say anything bad about my Mom. In contrast, Mom complains a lot about Dad about this and that; like, Dad should have paid for the school photos, or my field trip to Boston, or my brother's Soccer fees, or the school supplies, and so on.

         Mom has remarried last year. Her new husband has a good business and he makes lots of money. Still, Dad continues to pay for child support. It doesn't seem right, especially since he has been unemployed for two years now. He used to be an executive for a huge charitable organization. I really don't understand how he can keep this big cedar house on top of a hill without a job. He did say something about using his 401K and other investments, which I really don't understand much. One time, I heard him say to someone on the phone that when his money runs out, Mom will send him to prison for not paying child support. I cried secretly for days. Mom doesn't need the money from Dad, why would she send him to jail?

          So you see, that's why I've caught my Dad several times looking very grim, especially when paying his bills.

          Dad's life changed a lot since he met Angelia. He's still unemployed, but a lot happier than before. An angel has been sent from heaven to save him, and I hope she stays.

          But right now, we don't know where she is. We haven't heard from her since we took her to the airport three weeks ago for one of her business trips. I'm really not sure what she does, but she always looks like these women working for big corporations. She wears very expensive business suits and shoes, and her briefcase has a Prada label. She acts and talks like those women in corporate board rooms full of men. One time I heard her talking to someone on her cell phone, and I didn't understand a thing she was saying about corporate takeovers.

         When Dad contacted the airline, they told him that her name was not on the manifest. It's strange. I saw her boarding pass that she printed from the Internet and posted on the refrigerator. She was supposed to be on that plane.

         Maybe her firm sent her somewhere else at the last minute. It has happened several times before.

         It is not unusual for Angelia to be gone for weeks, but she always called everyday. She lives in California. We live in Colorado. I miss her when she's not here with us.

# # #



Please proceed to:
 Angelia -- I - Dad's Wow Girlfriend  (E)
Remembering the first time I met Angelia, my Daddy's girlfriend.
#1208677 by RockyMountainKid


© Copyright 2007 RockyMountainKid (molchrisstill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208052-Angelia----Introduction