*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208066-notes-on-the-21-days-rule
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1208066
The 21 days rule is a cosmic rule...folowing it can change your life...
Notes on the 21 days rule

In his wonderful book- The monk who sold his Ferrari, Robin S. Sharma writes about - The Magic rule of 21. As a rule. each one of us performing a new activity for twenty one days in a row, creates a habit out of it. A ritual with so much energy put into it, that it makes a new neural pathway.

I came across the same message in different sources, and faiths, as well as the scientific fact that the brain is plastic by its nature and can change and adapt in accordance with what he perceives as important enough.

When i say He, i mean - an independent entity which if not given guidance from a higher source in us - will run our life smoothly with the tools he has. Different from any other brain ever created, hence a different life story, but almost always with a more or less to be expected outcome.
I'm not going to start a discussion of who perceives, thinks or believes- each to his own unique stage of development and awareness at a given time, that's the real reality, it can change, and it will change if we give it a real go.

21 days why? 21 is a very meaningful number, getting its powers from numerical reasons and values. We know 1+2 = 3 = triangle the strongest structure, and how significant is the number 12?
Simple, and talks for itself, before we consider the other combinations and their meanings. Its definitely not an accidental choice, its not any other number, its the very strong one - because it has a powerful message.

So, its not accidental, what is it than? Its a cosmic rule, and the cosmos is big and we are probably also included in it.
What's new? Not a lot. Not now and not in the future, everything is already out there in the open for anybody to pick up and use.

What do we do with this precious information? We store it, we think about it, agreeing to it (or not), in short, going on with our lives - the majority, i presume.
Some use it for their own benefit, to be sure, ambitious people, of all walks of life, determined to make a visible advantage, through discipline of rituals. Lets not dwell in which area this ritual, change or habit should take place. Each one of us is an individual able to reach his goals by using the most obvious cosmic rules.

That's just one example, there's probably tens of them that we know, observe and file on a daily basis, aware or not.

Still, no real action by most, trial runs that ends too soon, not giving it all we got, letting him (remember? the brain) or his marvelous creation - the human mind mislead us - how and why, is beside the point - convincing ourselves that staying in our present stage is more important.
How can that be? Not using the sources and golden rules which were laid so carefully in front of us...
We can pick up some useful, positive habits and qualities by adapting them for three weeks - rehearse them whenever possible and by doing so achieve a certain goal, or ambition - keep them if want to, and so on, as long as we need to, and all of that with the blessing of the universe...

© Copyright 2007 Josef Firestone (firestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208066-notes-on-the-21-days-rule