*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208363-Fusion
Rated: 13+ · Article · Spiritual · #1208363
When the boundary between reality and imagination vanishes
...The sounds were there. The sights were present. Both the worlds were merging with a soundless clash.

I heard the omelette, sizzling ferociously in the frying-pan, sending shimmering droplets of oil in every direction. The television was blaring at full volume; the same perfunctory greetings, the same anecdotes of violence, slaughter and wide scale massacre, the same portrayals of suburban bliss and shallow socialites. I heard a door shut with an ear-splitting crash. A couple arguing; swear words and curses.

It was a cacophony of sounds, floating lifelessly through space; endless revolutions, never to be broken.

I closed my eyes, but I could still see. My senses were alive. I was no longer lying languidly on the ever so lumpy couch in the sitting room. Instead, I was suspended on a bridge; a strand of thread linking my conscious to the sub-consciousness. My thoughts were wandering; wandering to an unexplored place, existent only in my dreams.

Everything became a swelling mass of shattered pieces, lost in the sands of time. I could smell the faint trace of the vast ocean that lay ahead. I could hear the crashing of the waves.

I felt an earnest desire to melt into the sky, to fade away into the glorious sunset. It was so silent it felt empty. Still, I could distinguish the trance; feel the pulsating beats through every fibre of my soul.

The smoke was exhaled; the breaths were taken.

There were no questions, no periods. No sins, no deeds; just a volley of mystifying emotions, piled up like fallen snow. The realms were dissolving into each other.

Dead branches. Dewy leaves.
Hard-hitting rain. The magnificent rays.
The stormy wind. The light breeze.

I was there in the present; anticipating the future and perceiving my past as a forgotten legend.

I looked up; the sky stretched before my eyes; a million stars glimmering. I smiled; a smile that made the air quiver with its sheer velocity. I didn’t understand what it was; the apocalypse of the world or my eventual rebirth, but somehow, somewhere, I felt complete, captivated by the moment, frozen in time.

So simple it felt foolish.
So cursed it was beautiful.



-Delirium
© Copyright 2007 Seeker...Till Eternity (xeeker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1208363-Fusion