*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209662-The-Sighting
Rated: ASR · Preface · Fantasy · #1209662
I hope all will review, or work closer. Working on getting upgrade for book status.
“A glimpse into another’s life can change ones view drastically. If this is true, then how much more so would it be for the seeing of life through the eyes of three others, all undeniably intertwined? A sensory overload, tangibly painful, as though enough to kill if sustained… In other words- true strife, on the verge of chaos. This I tell you is true.” So said Tefzeen, King of Guardianos, and so it was in Guardianos- his mandate was set in stone, and no one dared to defy it openly- no one, that is, but Saevar.

         Nodding with a thoughtful frown on his face, and a posture screaming ‘Ridiculous’, Saevar eventually said, “An experience kill someone? I doubt it. You saw what they saw; felt what they felt- and, I do not deny it was foreign to you, but how could something foreign kill you? It just makes you more open.”

         Smiling at his spouse, Tefzeen said to him, “Ah, the ever-analytic skeptic. I still sometimes wonder why I chose you.” He nodded. “Perhaps, though, you are right- however, the sheer newness of it, was painful, and I could not go through too much of that at one time, not without a standard preparation.”

         Saevar, for once, looked surprised, but the look passed momentarily. “You did not prepare yourself for this?” he asked, his voice conveying the thought that Tefzeen was foolish at times.

         Shaking his head, Tefzeen said, “No. I needed to experience it as it was- feel the full power of the blow.” He started to walk towards Saevar, tears in his eyes, and embraced him warmly. Saevar, completely surprised, smiled and hugged Tefzeen back. “He… Hit his mother,” said Tefzeen. “He felt joy, at least at first. And then, immense remorse. He has felt more than I ever have. The feelings- they are indescribable. If I tried, I would do them poor justice.”

         Saevar nodded silently. Letting the tears come down for a while, eventually he started to dab them off Tefzeen’s face with his fingers. “Look” he said when Tefzeen had calmed, “I can at least now intellectually understand what you have felt. Well, a third of it, at least. Tell me the rest.” And at that, he sat on a nearby chair, and motioned Tefzeen to sit on his lap.

         Doing so, and letting Saevar’s arms wrap around his waist, Tefzeen says, “The other male- his god-brother-, is going through a parental divorce. He is in military school and rarely sees either of them. And the girl- she tries to suppress her feelings. And, she knows the first male- the one who hit his mother- would support her, she just can’t get the feelings out.”
         Saevar nodded. “I know it is painful, Tef… I would take your place if I could, and feel all this pain for you- but, I can’t, you know that. So, if you wish- I shall feel it with you.”

         At that, Tefzeen grinned. “I don’t want you to feel my pain, Sae,” he said simply, and stood up, starting to pace, the grin leaving his face promptly. “We must decide what to do with them.” He looked to Saevar, and saw a quizzical look on his face. “Do you think I unethically spy on people’s lives, when I have no reason to do so?” He asked, almost incredulously. “No, I had to,” he said and, calming down, continued with, “I was told by one of our recruiters that they were becoming of age. This recruiter did not feel as though it was within his realm to recruit them, though- they all do not fit our strict requirements. He also felt that they had too much potential to pass up. So, he passed them on to me.”

         Saevar closed his eyes and, letting out a long breath, nodded. “Take them in.” he said simply. “You are our king, and have the right. However, as an Associate Professor in the Guardians Academy, you also have the right to be their sole tutor- which you must do, for without the best guidance, and the right… Push… They will go bad.”

         Tefzeen, eyes wide, asked, “You think they are the ones?”

         And, Saevar nodded.
© Copyright 2007 Brigith (brhapsody at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1209662-The-Sighting