*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211186-Open-Your-Mouth-And-Let-God-Speak
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by josey
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1211186
This is a series of Sermons written and preach by Rev. J. Nathaniel Cox
Behold I Give You Power.

by Rev. J.Nathaniel Cox
www.spiritledministries.com

Luke 10: 17 -22 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. 21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. 22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

In today’s society, we seem to have an intense interest in power. There are power engines, power tools, power nozzles, power locks, powerboats, power lunches, power plays, power walks, power steering and power breaks; and, we're suckers for magazine articles about "the rich and the powerful.”

Of course we all realize there are many kinds of power: there's horse power, electrical power, hydraulic power, political power, economic power, mental power, psychological power, power of persuasion, power of influence; and just last night on the Christian radio station I heard someone talk about father power.

What is Power?
Power: One invested with authority; a ruler; a civil magistrate. Rom.13.
POW'ER, n. The Latin has posse, possum, potes, potentia. The primary sense of the verb is to strain, to exert force. The exertion of power proceeds from the will, and in strictness, no being destitute of will or intelligence, can exert power. It is a Doing Word.
In scriptures its main goals is Influence; that which may move the mind; as the power of arguments or of persuasion. Authority: The concept of authority seldom appears in the Old Testament. It is used predominantly in the New Testament, where the word exousia [ejxousiva] functions in at least four ways.

Then what is authority?
First, authority is the freedom to decide or a right to act without hindrance. All such authority Originates with God, for there is no authority except from God (Rom 13:1). God has the right to mold the clay as he wishes (Rom 9:21) and to set times and dates (Acts 1:7).

Authority refers to the power, ability, or capability to complete an action. Jesus was given the authority to forgive sins (Matt 9:6-8) and to drive out spirits (Mark 6:7). Simon sought power to grant the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:19). Satan has authority to function within the parameters established by God (Acts 26:18).

Delegated authority in the form of a warrant, license, or authorization to perform. Jesus was asked by whose authorization he taught (Matt 21:23). He was granted authority for his ministry from God the Father (John 10:18). Saul was sent to Damascus to persecute Christians by warrant of the priests (Acts 26:12). God gave the apostles license to build up the church (2 Co 10:8).

While authority is valueless without the power to make it effective, we can make a fine distinction between the two concepts.

‘This Power force action or exertions and authorize by God the father son and holy Ghost and is guaranteed God’s word we have only to declare it by faith believing and it shall me manifested or come to pass’. Pastor J. Nathaniel Cox 22/8/05

Now the technical look at the two words in the Greek is as follows: the first word for power is “exousia.” This word means delegated authority.

The second power used is “dunamis” which is the ability to do. Please note that when the word power is used in the bible in reference to Satan and his forces, it is always “dunamis” (ability) and never “exousia” (authority). Satan has limited ability, but he has no authority.

Verses 17-24 Christ sent the seventy disciples as he was going up to Jerusalem to the feast of tabernacles, when he went up, not openly, but as it were in secret (Jn. 7:10), having sent abroad so great a part of his ordinary routine; probably just before his return from that feast, and while he was yet at Jerusalem, or Bethany.

Some of the seventy came back bragging.
What account they gave him of the success of their expedition: They returned again with joy (v. 17); not complaining of the fatigue of their journeys, nor of the opposition and discouragement they met with, but rejoicing in their success, especially in casting out unclean spirits: Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

We see exhibited here two kinds of power, offensive and defensive lets look at the offensive then defensive.

Offensive power,
This is the authority to wipe out you enemy the devil anywhere you find him. This is the radical power to tear down establish kingdoms Satan. To go and take back what he stole from you. The Power to speak things into being. The assurance that my God shall supply all my needs, I have the power to call things into being, The power to bind and loose not only here but in haven also. The power to be healed by stripes I am healed.

Jesus Delegates or Sares His Power
Luke 9: 1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Jesus is saying hear this power I am returning to you, was yours from the beginning you had dominion, power over all my creations and now I granted and additional Powers over the Enemies of your Mind Souls and Spirit.

Unlimited power over all the powers of the enemy; of mankind in general, and of the seed of the woman, Christ and his people in particular, Christ has a power over all his power, his whole gang of devils, even the power of the air, of which he is prince; and he invested this power to his disciples, even to the seventy.

Eph. 6:12 the war is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Go with Power and Authority and Proclaim, Baptize and Deliver.
Power for Proclamation, (Luke 24:49 and, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

1 Corinthians 1:18 for the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.)

Mk. 16:15-18 15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe:

In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18they F83 will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Defensive Power:
If one can chase a thousand, where two or three are gathered, the sun shall not smite thee by day, I will be with you to the end of the age, every tongue that riseth against shall be condemned, His word is my shield and buckler.

There is Power for Protection, (Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.)

"Nothing shall by any means hurt you; not serpents or scorpions, remember Paul and bundles of sticks?

And nothing shall by any means, hurt you; not the most hurtful and poisonous animals, nor the most malicious persecutors on earth, nor all the devils in. Whatever the enemy do could never hurt our souls and the eternal welfare of those whom he keeps; nor even hinder the work of God prospering in our lives.

They give Christ the glory of this:
It is through thy name. It is what God expects form those who he trusts after all the power and authority is his so who should get the Glory… God.

All our victories over Satan are obtained by power derived from Jesus Christ. Whatever advantages we gain, he must have all the praise; if the work is done using the authority or permission to use his name then, the honor is due to his name.

Jesus was Glad for them:
What acceptance they found with him, and how he received this account. He confirmed what they said, as agreeing with his own observation (v. 18): "My heart and eye went along with you;

I took notice of the success you had, and I saw Satan fall as lightning from heaven.’’
Note, Satan and his kingdom fell before the preaching of the gospel. "I see how it is,’’ saith Christ, "as pray and speak in my name Jesus say the principalities falling as lightning falls from heaven form their positions of Power in high and heavenly places.

Satan falls from heaven when he falls from the throne in men’s hearts, Acts 26:18. And Christ foresaw that the preaching of the gospel, which would fly like lightning through the world, would wherever it went pull down Satan’s kingdom.

Jesus was happy and well please to see his Apostles in training testing out these new powers against and beginning the e destruction of Satan’s kingdom in the world by these yet un-tested still called disciples.

When sickness is overcame Satan kingdom falls when blind eyes open Satan kingdom falls, when the lame walks Satan kingdom falls, periodical children, mothers, and fathers return home in repentance to family and God Satan falls form his positions in heavenly places.

Pride
1 Tim. 3:6. Jesus knowing that they were new to this kind of power did not hesitate to warn them to Be Aware of Pride.

• This was a caution sign designed for theses trainee disciples, not to let their success get to their heads. Jesus was in fact saying to them was: One of the many things God hates is a proud look.

• "I saw angels turned into devils by pride before the world as we know it began:

• That was the sin for which Satan who was cast down from heaven. From being an angel of light, Jesus is this morning warning us about being high lifted up with pride especially when he is the one doing the work and you hug up the praise. You are in danger of falling into the same sin and condemnation of the devil, who fell because of pride.”

• Some new comers to the Gospel of Jesus Christ get just enough word in them and want to preach and start church and get biggerty and have all the knowledge, not willing to listen to sound teaching not willing to humble themselves felling like they have arrived fall because pride is a sin it was the first manifestation on sin on record in heaven, it’s the devil original sin.

• It is a shuttle sin, Satan said to Eve you will be like God. And this was not entirely possible Eve was persuaded to eat the fruit.

Not to cause you to get puffed up. vs. 19. Note, to him that hath, and invest it and turns a profit to the kingdom, more shall be given. They had employed their power vigorously against Satan, and now Christ entrusts them with greater power.

Jesus deflated their egos even further by saying although all this power is necessary you name in the lambs book is even more commendable. Christ, who knew the counsels of God, could tell them that their names were written in heaven, for it is the Lamb’s book of life that they are written in

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you, that they have been so, and shall be still so. Do not rejoice in this merely as it is your honor, and a confirmation of your mission, and as it sets you a degree above other good people.

Do not rejoice in this only, or in this chiefly, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven, because you are chosen of God to eternal life, and are the children of God through faith.’’


Qualification for this power starts with the Power to become the children of God. To have your name on the role in the book. Heaven rejoices when a sinner repents and Satan falls.

1. It is valued more than a power to work miracles; for we read of those who did in Christ’s name cast out devils, and yet will be disowned by Christ in the great day. But they whose names are written in heaven shall never perish; they are Christ’s sheep, to whom he will give eternal life.
2. Saving graces are more to be rejoiced in than spiritual gifts; holy love is a more excellent way than speaking with tongues.



Text: Luke 10:18-19, "18. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

We Have A Real Enemy! I want you to know first of all, you have a real enemy.
1. Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]."
2. 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
3. Once you have Identified him than take control of him, How?
4. God has given you power over your enemy: Luke 10:19a, "Behold I give you power .... over all the power of the enemy..."
5. Acts 1:8, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:"
6. 1 Peter 1:9, "Whom resist steadfast in the faith, ...
7. Mark 16:17, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"
8. The Devil Has No Power Over God's Children.
9. 1 John 4:4, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."
© Copyright 2007 josey (genesis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211186-Open-Your-Mouth-And-Let-God-Speak