*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212273-Prayers-for-More
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1212273
Story of a man's emotions about his first and only true love.
Standing amongst this darkness I see in the distance a small light at the center of our very souls. Where I see one small tear. A tear that dries, before it rolls down upon his cheek. This little monumental step for him was the easiest decision he had ever made. Love. Truthfulness. Honesty. Trust. Strength. Beauty. All virtues she held. All things he had given prayers for everyday. A companion. A love he could hold on to for the rest of his life. And now I can hear his screams from the darkness, as he slowly pulls away.

He takes one step that changed his life... forever. Forever a word he had never even believed in. And now this moment, in all reality, was forever. Forever embedded into his life, heart, and soul. In that moment, he felt something he had never felt before. A love so deep and powerful. Stronger than he had ever dreamt possible. His heart became hers. And hers became his.

This new feeling passed over as well. Trust. All walls fell. Crumbling at her feet. As she walked across the rubble to where he now stood in awe, he felt completely and utterly a mess. Because somehow being with her... being in her presence made everything else meaningless. She was everything. And everything else was nothing. His life changed that day. In literally every possible kind of way. Seas literally parted in his heart, just for this girl to come to him. His life evolved from this meaningless existence into so much more. With her by his side he was who he had always dreamt to be.

In his heart and soul he knew she had changed his life. And for this he got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife. She just smiled and without a word he took her up in his arms. Holding her tight and looking into her eyes. Eyes that knew no bounds into his heart. That could travel into the depths of his soul in one breath. There she was in his arms at last. The girl he had only dreamt.... was real beyond words.

God had answered his prayers for more.
© Copyright 2007 Danielle Fish (dfish1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212273-Prayers-for-More