*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212279-Monumental-Moment
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1212279
Story/poem about the moment that changed their lives... forever.
As I sit and watch his heart beat before my eyes. I see all of the things that he tries to hide. I know him better than I know myself, and I reach out my hand and offer help... only to be looked at with wondering eyes. As the young man looks around and sees what lies inside. For the first time in his life he felt something besides that painful knife. And as he sat there amongst the stars, he hears her cry from off afar. As he runs to her side, he jumps in to join the ride. The one that has been going on all her life.

As he does the most amazing thing. He sacrifices.

His heart stands bleeding as she looks on in awe... something so personal and raw. Why did he stand in the way? As one small light of hope shines as a ray.

The next thing she saw, dropped her to her knees. For not only did he see her, but he knew and understood without saying a word. What her heart spoke… was heard.

For the first time in her life she had something more, something she had always asked for. And now as she sat in this darkness and wondered about. She let out a cry and heard her own shout. As she pondered on this thought a little more, she asked herself the question she needed to explore.

How had she heard herself through the walls she had put up, because she wasn’t standing in her own heart... but his? So as she thought this, a feeling passed over her-- a feeling of bliss. For she knew, in that moment, a miracle had occurred.

Because as she sat in the dark, she realized this heart beat with hers. And her soul felt complete. How is it possible? When had she taken that leap? Her heart had done it for her without a single doubt. Her heart knew something she did not. This man’s heart had found what it had always sought... a girl with as much beauty as she. Something the girl, of course, could not see. And as she stood in this darkness she saw that small light of hope grow, and as she took his heart in her hands she promised to never let go.

As long as his heart was in her fingertips, she was showered in nothing but happiness. For the first time in her life, something felt right.

And for the first time in his, he didn’t worry about all of his shit. She was all that mattered. For no more was his heart shattered. There he stood and all he could do was take a look. Take a look at this heart that had healed his own. All the scars had been sewn, all the cuts had been healed, and before her on his knees he knelt. And on that day, he took her hand in his and asked her to be his wife... asked her to be with him for the rest of her life.

And she answered yes, and happened upon a perfect white rose. And every time she smiles at him that rose grows. As does the love of these two, because their love will see them through.

As I hold his heart here today, I look back upon the moment when in front of me he knelt. The day that I healed his heart... and I smile. Because making him happy makes everything worth while.

As she stands in the midst of all of this, a feeling comes over a feeling of bliss. Because for once in her life something feels right… and as she stands there in the light, she knows that everything will be alright. Because when she is in his arms, upon her can come no harm. And as these thoughts pass through her head… to his arms she is led.

That is where her heart feels right. For the first time in her life happiness is in sight. And as she feels the embrace of his arms, she feels them slip away to the house on the farm. The one that is rarely visited amongst the wooded lands. The one that only the two of them know about. As she sets foot inside the house, his fingertips intertwine with hers.

As she sees everything flash before his eyes, everything from the beginning, all they’ve endured. And he looks in her eyes and sees that same glow. The glow of light that first made that rose grow. Up the stairs she leads him and he goes along with the whim.

And as he reaches the top of the stairs, he stops in his tracks and almost gasps for air. Along the floor hundreds of red rose petals and in the midst of all this… sits one rose. A perfect rose not white or red but a burst of colors swirled into one. And before his eyes and upon the wall lie the letters M-A-R-R-Y M-E. As he falls to his knees. Because not only has she said yes, but she has asked him, which is something that will forever last.

In his mind there are not many questions to be asked. Without a word he sweeps her up in his arms and says yes. He kisses her with a passion he has never shown before as their tongues touch. She tries to say something only to be hushed. As he begins to make love to her with a kiss. Their bodies entangled, and their eyes closed, as she feels his body rub against hers. He pulls back and looks into her eyes, into the depths of her soul, as he whispers those three little words, "I love you." And as he lets her feet barely touch the floor, he grabs her waist and lifts her up more. Holding on tighter than ever before. And tells her that he'll never let go… and that his love will also forever grow.



Now as I stand looking in his eyes, my heart and soul hold on tight. Down his cheek, one small tear falls. Along with all of his walls. And in that moment he slipped a ring around my heart. One that will never slip into the dark.

© Copyright 2007 Danielle Fish (dfish1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212279-Monumental-Moment