*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212852-God-Without-Religion
by Soul
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #1212852
Is god bound by religion .. a small attempt by me to demistfy the almighty
I live in a city in india, where i have seen god in very diverse introspections, and yes witnessed quite a few mircales. about a month ago i saw a friends father in a church metting that my friend fooled me into attending on the context of free food and dance ( well the food was ok and the dance never happened ) go on and on about how jesus helped him give up drinking, well i was really happy for his dad considering that a drinking habit can ruin lives and familes but i wondered was it the holy spirit or his faith that helped him give up drinking, not that i don't believe in god but i have seen many a people give up a lot worse things ( the worst being procrastination ) simply by faith and mental change and belief, belief in oneself, so his screaming on and on about how the holy spirit changed his life made me wonder, maybe this guy should read more books other than just the bible, but then again if it made him a better person perhaps he should stick with it, maybe he would read a life-style magazine and be like " oh my god, i should be out there partying " and ends up in a club and gets drunk and then worse things prevail perhaps being religious is not so bad.
what i seem to find a tad bit uneasy about is how people know so little about god and try to teach others instead of simply sharing their experiences and going their way and we would all get to hear these great stories about how god changed peoples lives in various forms, i mean isn't faith in god our strongest binding force to each other, to the world, to the universe , to ourselves. I believe god is bigger than religion, religion is a binding concept, spirituality is not , isn't it better to be spiritual and not binded by some norms and concepts that i feel uneasy about then feel god in my own way, a way that would seem good to my heart.
It's funny how i have found people who know about religion a lot and so called scholars about god to be so full of themselves and cut off from society, on the other hand there are those who live life to the fullest , have done all they wanted to and feel that the time to know god has arrived and simply absorb into themselves the concept of god's existence and the beauty he has created in this world, be it the wonderfull smell of the earth after the first rains, or a perfect sunrise , or the paintings that god paints across the sky everyday with clouds, i wonder who is it that understands god more, who is that experience's god more?
Anyways i am not one to judge people's concepts of god, but i do sense that not too many feel god for what he truely is, that sense of peace in the corner of your heart, like your favourite song playing when it's raining just right and you know that god exists..
© Copyright 2007 Soul (decoolest at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1212852-God-Without-Religion