*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1216155-At-Red-Hill
by Kaine
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · War · #1216155
This is a piece of work I did in my first year of high school.
I walked along the path moving through a burnt field making my way up Red Hill. The scene was utter devastation, no life what so ever. There was no colours only black, gray and white. Pure anguish and sorrow filled the land.

In the distance artillery could be heard roaring and raining death upon those below. Hatred could be heard when the shells exploded. This world was insanity with no cause only chaos. This land was hell scorched by the elements of war.

This thing, known as war had come quickly with no signs to the people. The dictator, Morris Akada, had terrorized the people for 17 years. Akada seized power after a violent and bloody coup. He and a small army unit captured the presidential palace and took control of the country. The president with fear for his life handed the country over to Akada. Since then the dictator has terrorized the people of this country. But the people could no longer take it.Two years ago there was a revolt that is known today as the revolt of The bloody son. The grandson of the former president was making a speech to the people when he was assassinated by Akada's secret police. In outrage the spectators began to riot and military personnel were sent to stop it. After being unable to "persuade" them to stop, the commanding officer had the soldiers open fire on the rioters, some were killed but the survivors over ran the soldiers and the revolt had officially began. Damian Knight, right-hand man to the former president's grandson, took up arms from the fallen soldiers and began to fight Akada's soldiers and the rioters followed in unison and together they fought back the soldiers. That whole night there was nothing but fighting and the war had began.

I walked along the path moving to my house which could be seen in the distance. When I reached home I found a mysterious stranger sitting on my front porch. He had a rough beard and wore an olive coloured suit, "A soldier" ran through my mind. He lifted his hand in acknowledgement that I had arrived. He eyed me curiously and chuckled to himself. "You are Nathan, aren't you boy?" He spoke with a rough voice. "Nathan Fergunson?" I nodded looking at him strangely.
"Well then, Commander Akada is calling you to serve your country in this great time of need." He said as he handed me some folded papers.
"Time of need?" I asked. I quickly scanned the papers . " He wants me to serve in his militia?" I snarled. Quickly rage formed in the man's face. "And what is wrong with serving in his militia?" He growled. I said nothing but I just look at the military jeep parked at the side of the house that had now just caught my eye. Quickly a smile formed on my face and I looked at him and whistled. 20 armed rebels emerged from the shrubery that surrounded my house. The man in complete surprised pulled his handgun and was instantly shot. The man dropped limp and then was completely surrounded. One man, the great Damian Knight, moved to the jeep then pulled out a bundle of documents. He quickly skimmed through them, then said with a grin, "Akada's location has been found" Then I instantly knew...The war was about to end.
© Copyright 2007 Kaine (kaine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1216155-At-Red-Hill