*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218263-Here-I-Am
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1218263
My first entry on writing.com
I just found writing.com by Googling "creative writing." Is this what I'm looking for? Well, we'll see.

Writing is second nature to me, and although pencil and paper was my first, and is still my preferred medium, like most writers, I took to electronic word processing like a duck to water once I discovered it. Yes, it has pitfalls, but compared to typewriter, scissors and tape, editing electronically is a joy forever!

Remember carbon paper? If you do, you share my joy in the ease of instant replication! And if you remember floppy disks (the big ones, the little ones, even the really little ones), you understand why the idea of being able to store my writing on someone else's computer is instantly attractive! Yes, my hard drive holds a lot...but it, alas, has proved itself fallible--over, and over, and over again.

Next question: What do I have to write that needs saving? Well, I have several notebooks full of writing that I thought worth committing to paper. And some folders lost somewhere in my hard drive that contain electrons arranged artfully by me...

Today is the first day of this new modality. How many anniversaries will I observe? Well, we'll see.
© Copyright 2007 virginpig (virginpig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218263-Here-I-Am