*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218824-coquettish-philosophy
by locoh
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1218824
It is a personal interpretation of philosophy.
Coquettish Philosophy
By: Harvy June Hallasgo

Leaving my family, my friends and my life in Cebu, to pursue the priestly vocation, I was discouraged about making a decision to study Philosophy and be a seminarian. Before I got here and studying the course of philosophy, they told me, “don’t you know that Philosophy is very hard?” Because of that question, my thoughts begun to muddle and I am confused. Then one day, I meditated for few hours and thinking about what were the possibilities and factors in making my final decision. Then I came up with a thought that I should pursue my vocation, my studies and think of it like pursuing my personal treasure.
Now that I am studying Philosophy and pursuing my vocation, I feel that I made a right decision. I realize that Philosophy is just like a girl. She is demure, complex, sophisticated, cunning, adept and profound being. Well that was my first impression about her; I have not yet known her that much. Now I am beginning to know her.
I am claiming that I have a passion towards Philosophy. Because it needs evidence whether I am sincere or not, I am building scaffolding in order to support my claim. In that case, I am doing it by knowing Philosophy little by little and interact in order to build a strong relation. It is just like courting a girl. If you like a girl, you will propose to her and do things to make her believe.
In my case, I am courting Philosophy to be my girl, whom I can be proud of With Philosophy; I will be able to understand what are the ultimate principles, causes and reasons of what makes a thing is.
Philosophy is the bridge towards a place, which is inconceivable by senses. Through this bridge, I will be able to cross the different kinds of ideas, knowledge and beliefs. Studying the different fields of Philosophy, I know her characters and her specialties about all things. Like for example; Cosmology, Epistemology, Ethics, Metaphysics, Theodicy and many others. With that kind of caliber loaded in her, she will surely make you in love.
I myself am starting to love her because I know her a little and I am showing my endeavor to know her more. Because we all know that you cannot love something if you do not know that thing, it will be against the principles of the rationalist if we do that.
Socializing to Philosophy, I am starting to now the conformity of all things to its ultimate principles. We can only justify that we are starting to know her by expounding her thoughts and applying it in our daily lives like a practical science.
We students of Philosophy owe a responsibility to make a human act because we overcome our ignorance, concupiscence, fear, violence, and habit. Through our studies and application, we do not have the alibi if sometimes our acts do not conform to the laws of nature.
Some students of philosophy tend to study philosophy for the sake of knowing. They just want to study just to gain power and fame. Applying that knowledge is what we called wisdom and it should be use according to its purpose. In this new generation, Philosophy somehow starts to be secluded. It is not a good sign because the purpose of it is to make things clear under the light of human reason alone. Especially to the people around us, they are not examining their life anymore and it makes their life unreasonable one. Socrates told us, “The unexamined life is not worth living.” I strongly posit that because we can only live to the fullest if we know what is the reason of our life. In our society right now is quite messed up and philosophy owe to clean it up because its material object is about all things. The people right now do not think anymore what is the reason for their existence. They just tend to live for the sake of living.
Philosophy in the early age is like a MARIA CLARA type of woman. At that time, people love this kind of girl. Now in our modern world, she is no longer that famous. Her fashion became quite old for our futuristic world. If that continues, time may come that no one will be attracted to her. Philosophy should be flirtatious to make her desirable. In that way many will fall in love with her and make her strongly dominate within all of us. She will be able to do her responsibility, and that is being a maid of theology.
Philosophy should also evolve and make its beauty adapt to its environment. Philosophy should be a coquettish in order to attract the people and make them think profoundly.


© Copyright 2007 locoh (locoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218824-coquettish-philosophy