*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218828-a-way-of-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by locoh
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1218828
an article of confusion and certainty.
A WAY OF LIFE
Topic: Priestly Vocation as a challenge to a devastated society.

Is there still hope for us living in a corrupted society? Does it make a difference if we choose the Priestly Vocation?

All of us have its own choice whether we choose the right path or the other way around. These decisions we make will greatly affect the society and they are either good or bad. As I observe when every time I go out and mingle to the outside world. I feel so unsecured because of the poisonous things that can corrupt a soul and will result to illness. I think that’s the situation in the outside world. The People are already corrupted except for the children. As they grow up they will also adapt their surroundings.
In my opinion I’m so lucky to be in a seminary because I’m under a big umbrella protecting me to the acid rain. Then not all times we depend on that but we must also expose ourselves and influence other people and give them umbrellas too. In these little actions can make big difference. Most of us don’t care about the things that are affected to our actions. We just do it for our own will and satisfy ourselves or to please someone. There are also other people who really care to their surroundings. They usually think first before making a decision. If the first people I mention are greater percentage than the latter, it will result to a corrupted society.

As we know every action we do will determine what kind of society were living. On my own perception our society right now is devastated. Sometimes I think there is no hope that our society will change. As I perceived, the situations that are happening right now it’s too late to change our society because the poison has already spread. That’s my thoughts as an ordinary person but as a seminarian there is still hope.
We should not forget that each one of us grow through the trials, lessons and opportunities brought by the society. In the first place we are not in our position right now without it.

We should return the favor in our little deeds to improve the situation that is currently happening. Especially the youth, just like JOSE RIZAL quoted that “ANG KABATAAN ANG PAG-ASA NG BAYAN.” It implies that the youth is the hope in having a better world. As you can see that the current leaders who’s in position right now will be replace sooner or later. It’s a fact that in order to have a better society we must have a good leader to lead the people in altering the bad things that is need to be change.

Now all the youths are in great peril because of the situations that already corrupt our minds. For example the poverty, corruption, inequality education and may more. If this will not be stop and corrected what will be left to the next generation.

These problems are little by little adept by our culture that it mutates to be part of the society. We cannot let these chaotic processes to expand furthermore. Instead we the youth should quarintine all of these before it’s to late. Just like the Doctors usually say to their patients “It’s better to have an ounce of prevention than a pound of cure.” These dilemmas that our experiencing has not come to the extreme if our leaders just find a way to prevent it bur unfortunately they failed.

We the youth, which is the hope to the devastated society of ours, must be healed. The seminarians should be a model to the others because we are trained and destined to make the world better. Our choice to take the path of priestly life must be the source of giving us a responsibility to do our job.

Before we go mingling and helping the outside world we must first start in our inner selves. If we cannot help ourselves how can we help the others who need help?


© Copyright 2007 locoh (locoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1218828-a-way-of-life