*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1219260-Man-in-the-midst-of-creation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by locoh
Rated: E · Article · Personal · #1219260
This is about us.
Man in the Midst of Creation: Steward or Destroyer


What is Man’s purpose in this world? This inquiry has been immanent within us and it is still bothering us until now what is the answer for a mere question with complex meaning. Despite that there are many explanations and answers laid out to answer it, still the questions linger. Most of all, even though we already know what is ultimate answer to such question, some people still remain to the darkness of ignorance rather than living and see the light.

I read a story once about a Man who made a sentiment to God about the things befalling to his creations. The Man was angry while asking God why is it that he let bad things happen to his own precious creations. Then, the man heard a small voice inside saying “I DID do something about it, I made you… What have you done about it?”

After I read this story, thoughts came into my mind and my mind was enlightened. My first thought is, I am here because God wants me to be the steward of his creation. This thought was already in my mind before I read the story, the story just remind me to ponder it profoundly. With that, for a moment I try to put it practice yet after a little time pass by, the preoccupation of other things made me to forget about it and do what the things I like to do. Yes, it is stupid indeed; yet, another insight came into my mind. The insight why man keeps on destroying things rather than act as stewards. It is similar to the situation where man accept and know that he is man yet do other things that is inhumane and opposite to his nature. It is mind-bugging thought that keeps on bothering me and myself is guilty of it.

There have been lots of struggles just to rectify this problem: ideas of many philosophers, theologians and lay people have sprung out just to make things straight in this world. Is it enough to know that we are stewards and we don’t have the right to destroy things for the fact that we did not create it and we have no authority for it? Well, I don’t know, but there is one thing that would somehow ease this problem. I could not think a solution that would hinder us to destroy things unconsciously or consciously. But there is one absolute thing I do know and that is, we should do our best to act what we are that is a steward like God himself.

There was story about the a little light lurking in the darkness of the cave. When a passerby notice the little light, the passerby ask the little light why it stays in the darkness where it could be somewhere else which is more appropriate for its own sake. Then the miniscule light replied, " I shine because I am light. And because i shine, I am light. I don’t shine in order to be seen. No. I shine because it gives me joy to shine and to be light." This story is similar to our situation in this world. We are like a little light inside the darkness of the cave. We are not here in the world to make things according to our own will rather we are here because we follow the will of God. We are here not to please ourselves but to please the almighty creator who made us and other creations as well. The way to please God is by taking care all his creations because his creations manifest what he is. Since the time of creation, man has been dominating this world because appointed him to live in the world. The domination of man among other creatures gives him the responsibility to look over it like a steward and not a destroyer. What is the reason that we destroy things? I think the reason is that we are blinded and keep on wandering like a blind man that stumbles everything that he passes by. This blindness is the cause of our own selfishness to act that would make us happy in our way without thinking ahead that things that would affect to our actions. At this state, we somehow lose the nature for what we are ought to be in a virtual way.
It is sad though that no matter what we do we cannot stop the reality that the annihilation of God's creation is vehemently rampant which is happening under our noses. What should we do then? I guess we should do what are the things we ought to do and leave all things that are beyond our grasp to God Himself who is the author our own destiny.

© Copyright 2007 locoh (locoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1219260-Man-in-the-midst-of-creation