*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221349-mice
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Animal · #1221349
It's about an alley way I walked through today.
There was an alleyway. Construction on the left, decrepit houses lining the right.
Everywhere I looked, trash and decay was eating away at this living, breathing city. The walls of the buildings oozed sadness.
A sadness that could only be killed with time.
Time was sadness' greatest enemy, and I was here to rectify that.
I set my bicycle down, and the rubber hand slipped past my finger tips. Blue jeans and a black T- Shirt, I lit a bowl full of marijuana covered with sleeping pill dust.
There was a slight sprinkling coming out of the grey sky, and down the wet alley way I could see random people walking. None of them noticed I was lighting a bowl of marijuana. They were too busy walking to their destinations.
I leaned against a metal fence, and a cat meowed at me from the other side. I puffed on the pipe and blew smoke in his face. He closed his eyes as the smoke brushed the fur on his face.
I thought back to my pipe, and how it had marijuana in it, then I looked at the cat. He purred and smiled in pleasure.
He jumped threw the fence, and climbed onto my shoulder.
"This alleyway is cursed. There is a decay that is eating away at this alleyway. We must save it human, or all eternality will be lost forever."
I nodded and put the pipe to the cat's mouth. He sucked the smoke into his lungs with pleasure, and exhaled magical smoke that let me see how much time it would take to fix the sadness.
The sadness dripped from the balcony where a couple was inside, skipping their college classes.
He went in and out but she just lay there, behind the curtain in the window on the second story.
The cat whispered some more to me.
"But this alleyway has much more sadness!"
Then the cat transformed me into a cat.
I was a cat too, and the cat looked at me.
"Follow me!"
The cat jumped through a fence, and I saw the grey brick wall that lay in front of us. All I could really think about was that man going in and out, but she just lay there so when the cat climbed the wet wall, I followed.
My claws helped me climb the wet wall, with raining down it's sides. The vines, too helped. My claws tore at the green wet matter, and soon we were on top of a house.
"What now?" I asked.
He looked at me and soon the alleyway's sadness was being battled with time.
"Hurry!" the cat said, and I ran out of time, into the realm of sadness.
The alleyway expanded, and the rain increased in multitude.
A plate flew out of a window. It was because he was mad at her for her yelling at him.
She was yelling cause he's always so mad, and he needs to get a new job so that he's not mad all the time.
But I only got this job to be with you! He would always answer.
But she didn't believe him.
"Meow" the cat said to me, as we lay on the roof soaking in the nice, cool rain.
The man went in and out of her, but he could only think about that window he broke in the kitchen.
"How stupid I was" he thought to himself.
I was outside time, and I was about to become sadness so that I would infect time and destroy all time.
Then he said to her how he only wanted to be with her forever and that was why he had that job even though it made him mad all the time.
I'm sorry she said.
He said he was sorry, but I turned into a cat now, and we both climbed under a car after climbing off the house, the cat and me.
"Follow me!" he said, as he ran out of the city.
We ran over hills. It was really dark and all you could see were the sides of the hills going up and down, up and down, against the dark sky with the poka dot stars every where.
Two cats going meow, meow, meow, with pipes hanging out of their mouths, smoking marijuana.
"Meow" I said.
"Meow!" he said.
© Copyright 2007 Phineus (phineus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221349-mice