*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221837-What-Sophie-Saw
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #1221837
The angels did, indeed, come and they saved her
No one ever knew that it would come to this. That one moment when time stood still; faces blank, emotionless eyes stared at the ungodly sunset and a single infant cried in the distance.

Sophie was just five but had an unheard of connection with the spiritual world. She had once spoken of angels, said she saw them all the time. That is what saved her brother, Isaac, in the fire, or so she said. No one believed her until today when the sun sank so low over the mountains that the sky exploded with a fiery glow. She had told her mother, “It will happen one day. The sun will set us free.” Her mother laughed it off and pushed her out the door to play.

But Sophie didn’t play, she watched, took mental notes, and anticipated the days to come, knowing that her closet allies were the angels. The angels did, indeed, come and they saved her on that blistering day, just like they said they would. Yet, still no one could see what Sophie saw in the sun.
© Copyright 2007 Avriel.N.M (avriel.n.m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221837-What-Sophie-Saw