*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225495-Secular-VS--Theocracy
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Political · #1225495
A real good look at what our constitution and bill of rights means to me
Thimpin had the following survey for display on the reviewing page by one who did not think highly of it, and I went in to see why ...

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#667738 by Not Available.




My reply to your very arousing and much needed survey on crossing state and church lines. Some day people just might wake up. Maybe not.

1. Which form of government rule would you prefer?
Strictly theocratic
X Strictly secular
Religious guided but with secular control

2. If you would prefer a Theocratic nation:
Laws should be established by the most dominant religion.
Laws should be established by representatives of all major religions.
Laws should be established by the five most dominant religions.
X NONE OF THE ABOVE!!

3. Considering history and current day events do you feel a country would be better:
If it were a Christian theocracy.
If it were a Islamic theocracy.
If it were a Jewish theocracy.
If it were a Hindu theocracy.
If it were a Buddhist theocracy.
If it were secular but guided by religious ideas.
X If it were secular and guided by civil ideas not respecting any one religion.

4. If a country was ruled by a religious theocracy should public schools require students of a different faith to participate in the dominant prayer services?
Yes
X No Why do they always think they are so right? Arrogance will be their undoing.

5. How would a country benefit from a government dominated by religious doctrinal law as opposed to one governed by civil law and vice-versa?

6. What possible disadvantages would there be if a nation's government and laws were dominated by one religion?

I’ll answer both questions with my one response.

Blurring the lines of church and state nurtures and supports hatred, cruelty, bigotry, hypocrisy, deceit, crime, despair and hopelessness. It also increases poverty by division of the classes and exploits the human spirit. It is supposed to be illegal in this country. Like I said; supposed to be illegal. We have the first amendment in place for a reason. The founding fathers of our nation were not Christians; they were Freemasons. This country did not even adopt the words 1-“In God We Trust” on our currency until the enactment of the 2-Federal Income Tax; which is also unconstitutional and illegal according to the laws laid down by our forefathers and the 3-Supreme Court.

We the people of these United States of America have and must retain:

FREEDOM OF RELIGION. That does not mean all Christian or the one Judea/Christian God denominations. That means ALL RELIGIONS.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH. We have a right to assemble and protest our feeble minded fearless leaders without fear of retribution, prison or death. We have a right to disagree.

FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. This does not mean we allow our newscasts and periodicals to be bought and censored with the doctrine from the Christian right wing. Stop burning our books dammit!

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Even in a state of emergency because for if it ever comes into being that only our government were to have arms, they will and do become tyrants and we have anarchy, not justice. Not to mention it puts them in absolute power over us, a place we do not want them to ever attain, no matter how accommodating they are to the zealous right wing religious control freaks in power at the moment.

WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS. This means we have a right to be judged by a jury of our peers, not our enemies mind you, in a court of law and that the law cannot be denied us due to lack of currency. We cannot be jailed without being charged for days or months or years, because Mr. President says it’s a matter of national security. Losing our rights is the only threat to national security, for a weak populace makes a weak government.

WE HAVE A RIGHT TO HUMANE TREATMENT IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. Cruel and unusual punishment was to be banished with the British poor houses and debtor’s prisons. I don’t really believe it has. I have personally witnessed what it is like to be on the inside and know that civil rights are not even thought of let alone allowed.

WE HAVE UNALIENABLE RIGHTS to pursue happiness, liberty, and justice for all humans, not just men of power and money.

WE HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE FOR OUR LEADERS. Fair, accurate, and open system to count and recount votes, without proprietary software that is prone to hacking. .

WE THE PEOPLE – means we the people is all encompassing, not we the religious righteous, money grubbing, power hungry alpha male. We the people means that no matter our sex, race, color, creed, age, nationality, religion, sexual preference or lack thereof, we are one people.

No. Not all humans are not created equal. Our current leaders are a sure sign of that. However, we are guaranteed by our constitution fair and equal treatment by our country men and women, courts and legal systems..

If we allow our laws, policies and justice system to be ruled by any religion, (look up the definition for 4-religion, it has nothing to do with 4-spirituality), then we invite the dark ages, the burning times once again and a repressed populace of those who choose to be spiritual instead of led to the slaughter like blind sheep. Our founding fathers, foresaw what this religious fervor would do, will do and can still do if we allow it to happen, to the human race not just as a Christian, Jew, Pagan or Islamic person but an entire race as a species! THE ONE AND ONLY HUMAN RACE. Greedy, senseless killing of our fellow human is not what I would call right in any sense of the word.

We, the people of the United States of America are not a Christian nation, but a nation of many immigrants and nationalities formed on the premise that church and state should be kept separate at ALL TIMES! Cruel, mean people emerge from seemly divine circumstances if given absolute power to control the masses. Lead the people. Manage the tasks, not the other way around.

I proudly and defiantly sign my name to this editorial and statement of what a true patriotic person really is; a defender of our constitutional rights and a life without subjugation and repression as all patriots should be. Defend and fight for our right to FREEDOM, LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

I stand by the words of Patrick Henry: “Give me liberty, or give me death.”

Sources:
1-In December 1863, the Director of the Mint submitted designs for new one-cent coin, two-cent coin, and three-cent coin to Secretary Chase for approval. He proposed that upon the designs either OUR COUNTRY; OUR GOD or GOD, OUR TRUST should appear as a motto on the coins. Approved by Secretary Chase December 9, 1863
Source: http://www.treas.gov/education/fact-sheets/currency/in-god-we-trust.shtml


2-In 1862, in order to support the Civil War effort, Congress enacted the nation's first income tax law.

3-In 1895, the U.S. Supreme Court decided that the income tax was unconstitutional because it was not apportioned among the states in conformity with the Constitution.
Source: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html
History of the Federal Income Tax

In 1895, the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 against the income tax, saying that its provisions amounted to a direct tax, which was prohibited by the U.S. Constitution. President Cleveland opposed the income tax, but let it become law without his signature, believing it to be unconstitutional.
Source: http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx


4-The Oxford dictionary defines Religion: Belief in a superhuman controlling power, esp. in a personal God or gods entitled to obedience and worship
Spirituality: This term is defined quite differently by monotheists, polytheists, humanists, followers of new age, Native Americans, etc. A common meaning is "devotion to metaphysical matters, as opposed to worldly things." Another is "Activities which renew, lift up, comfort, heal and inspire both ourselves and those with whom we interact."




Blessed Be!
)O(
** Image ID #1193336 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1193337 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1193338 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1184382 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1193621 Unavailable **
http://xsorbit29.com/users5/poetrylair/index.php
http://www.dragonbluespoetry.com
http://groups.msn.com/DragonBluesPoetry
http://BlueFireRains.FSCStore.com
** Image ID #1209312 Unavailable **
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1167125 by Not Available.

** Image ID #1135743 Unavailable **
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1122618 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1200546 by Not Available.

** Image ID #1195450 Unavailable **


--
© Copyright 2007 DragonBlue (dragonblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1225495-Secular-VS--Theocracy