*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226335-An-Angels-Purpose
Rated: E · Monologue · Biographical · #1226335
I had this dream several years before a major surgery.
I have dreamed of Angels more  than once in my lifetime. It is an experience that both fills you with wonder and makes your heart ache with a longing.
It is a blessing and a grace to be in their presence.

I dreamed that I was outside my body watching myself sleep.
Everything was as it should be the time inside the here and now.
I took note of the bedroom was the same as when I lay down. I was  tired from a long summer's day  and had prepared early to go to sleep that night.
Then I was aware of her and she filled my senses.
I was taken by a vision, a charm was being worked upon my soul.
Sweet as a spring mist,  ripe with promise suspended in hope was an angel.
If beauty where to take form in a distilled essence that form would be her.
She lightly,effortlessly drifted above the place I lay.
I marvelled that I may watch.
As she spoke her words the would be my comfort.
I saw myself carry on a converstion with her.
I hungered to hear her voice, to fully understand what she had to say.
Other than to know that there was a task I must do and that everything would be all right.
Sweet where the tender words that she spoke to me for I saw that I nodded my head in agreement.
It was night time and the room was cloaked in darkness.
My angel was shadowed yet etched she was etched with silver moonlight.
She floated in the air above me but her posture was of a woman who stood on firm ground.
She was close enough that her words were whispers.
Had I power over my hands I could have reached out and touched her.
She wore her hair long in tresses that flowed. They swirled around her face and shoulders like sweet curls of slowly moving smoke.
Her wings where just a suggestion of slow languid movement stirring the night air.
She was touched by a gentle breeze that caressed her with its tendrils.
She wore a loose silken gown that swayed softly with lazy flutters.
Everything about her was movement as if she existed outside of time.
I remember her profile and the lustre of her eyes as she spoke to me telling me of things to be.
I felt eager to understand the great event that would shape my life.
She told me of things to be. She told me it would be all right.
It is common for a waking dream to be a vivid one.
A gift was given to me that night, of  that I have no doubt.
Yet upon waking I found myself sitting up reaching toward the place she had been.
Sweet was the wonder of the experience. Yet how can one let go of such sweetness?
I wish!  Oh how I wished to be near her again.
So now that I have weathered the storm.
I ask myself was she just an angel?
Or was she someone whom I loved in this life and beyond?


© Copyright 2007 Slippery Silk (prussianblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1226335-An-Angels-Purpose