*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227837-Morning-After-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1227837
Flash Fiction for contest
Morning After Surprise



George didn’t look so good, not good at all. In fact, when he looked into the mirror, he couldn’t believe that what was looking back was himself. “I knew I shouldn’t have done it,” he whispered to the apparition, “I knew better, sometimes I am such an idiot!”

George’s wife, Janet, wasn’t home this morning, she had been gone all week to a convention for the company she worked for and wasn’t expected back until Saturday. Unfortunately, this was Thursday!

George was right. He shouldn’t have done it, but he had. After more than a few drinks with the boys last night he had been feeling playful and very bored with no one home, a dangerous combination while inebriated.

“Good Lord,” George whimpered, “I have a presentation to make this afternoon. The CEO is going to be there with the prospective clients he has been trying so hard to sign. The whole company has been slaving away on this deal for months!”

George felt his knees weaken and for just a moment he believed he was having a heart attack. Stumbling backwards, George sank down onto the commode grasping his chest, his heart racing. A few moments more passed before the pain eased and he realized with surprising disappointment, that he probably wasn’t going to die.

“Oh sure,” he raised his eyes trying to see past the bathroom ceiling, “you couldn’t even give me a reasonable excuse to not make that meeting!”

Slowly standing from the commode, George risked another peek into the vanity mirror. The same startling clown looking apparition stared back at him mournfully. “Janet was right,” he groaned, “that new line of make up her company developed is definitely permanent!”
© Copyright 2007 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227837-Morning-After-Surprise