*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228339-Investing-for-retirement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by dev
Rated: GC · Article · Finance · #1228339
Old age investment is necessary.
Investing for retirement.

Introduction:

No one thinks of retirement in many cases. We all are very careless about our future. Reason being that we all want to safeguard the future of our family on the cost of our own requirement. But we forget that by securing our own future we are indirectly securing the future of our family only. That is our self dependence at the time of old age may help as supportive agent for our family, instead of becoming a costly old person for them. Through out our life we are earning money to meet our day to day requirements. That requirement can be any of the following.

1. Food.
2. Shelter.
3. Clothing.
4. Status.
5. Children’s school fees.
6. Children’s needs and demands.
7. Marriage either your own or some one in the family. Etc.

And after all these being achieved the next step is mostly seen is the lavishly expenditure by people. People forget about their future after they achieve all the necessities of life. But they don’t understand that investment for future is also a big necessity. In fact, it won’t take more, if the investment for retirement starts at early age. The most appropriate and suggestive stage for investment for future starts at the age of 25 years. At this age the amount for saving for retirement is almost very negligible. You won’t even figure out that you spent money on your future investment or on some small unnecessary party for friends.

It can be easily claimed here that the investment for future has no losses but only profits or benefits. There is no side effect for investment for retirement, only good effects. From the unlimited good effects of investing for retirement are as under.

1. Self-dependence financially through out the life, even during the last days of our life. Thus making sure that you are leaving this world with proud and self-respect.
2. Becoming a support for the family even after retirement, other than becoming a difficult to bear old man/woman.
3. Getting ready for the unseen and unpredictable future where any one you hate can be your friend and any one you love the most can be your enemy. Thus saving you from any financial tyranny or trait by relatives or scarcity of money in the days of retirement.
4. Able to meet all your expenses and requirement after retirement. Thus need not to take any body’s favor of any kind.
5. Living a good and respectable life without any work tension with your spouse and family and passing a good time with friends.
6. Enough finance or investments to start some business so as to meet your family requirements in the time of some emergency or financial problems.

All and all investing for retirement always proves to be a profitable deal for everyone.

Now the question arises where to invest and how much to invest?

There are many options and opportunities in the present world for investing for retirement.

1. Invest in Retirement schemes.

Investing in retirement scheme is one easy and wide used method of investing for retirement. Many people don’t have enough time to go around and find the suitable and most profitable investment for their future. At that time the advertisement for securing your future and tempting people in that to invest in their company’s retirement plan often impresses a person. Moreover these insurance companies assures good returns on your investment for retirement. Along with that you get tax benefits too. So, if you don’t have time to wonder and search for any better option, then invest in Retirement schemes. And after retirement get a regular pension to meet your day to day requirements.

2. Invest in shares or stocks.

Investing in shares or stocks is one more method, which either gives the maximum return, or on other hand, you may loose all your hard-earned money.  So people are always advised to have complete knowledge of share or stocks and the share or stock market before investing in them for the retirement. A proper experience is suggested to the people for investing in their chosen shares or stocks. Thus this type of investment for retirement is quite risky but along with that can prove to be the best return investment.

3. Invest in property.

Investing in property is an old tried and tested formula. This formula of investment hardly fails. This investment can be numbered between the two early-discussed investments. That is it is neither too risky nor it is less profitable. A person may buy a piece of land or some house and than after retirement he/she has an option of various kinds before him/her.
a) To live in that house.
b) Sell the house and earn big profits.
c) Use the place as some commercial area for earning good money.
d) Gift them to your loved ones, or your needy relative.
e) Keep a tenant or give the place to some company on Rent. etc.

This is one investment, which have proved profitable in many cases. But the problem behind this investment is that if you feel the need of money on the spot then at that time you won’t get a fair buyer of the house to meet your emergency financial needs. Instead, you may sell the property at a very low rate or less than the rate you bought it. Secondly there is always a risk that the area may not develop enough as per your expectations, so you may not find it a much profitable deal after all.

In Conclusion, there are many opportunities available for investing that can be investing in retirement schemes, investing in shares, or even investing in property. But behind all of these investment options, the main motive is just one. And that is, that it is really necessary to invest for retirement, so that you can live and then leave this world with proud and respect and when you leave this world people remember you as an ideal for them.


© Copyright 2007 dev (waheguru_123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228339-Investing-for-retirement