*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228348-The-prisoner
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by dev
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1228348
Life changes and the fate of the person is unpredictable.
  The Prisoner


After 10 years of imprisonment John comes back to the outer world. He goes back to his house. There he finds no one. The neighbors tell him that on the day his imprisonment his child was taken away by some police officer. His sister never came back to take his child in his custody. John was so worried that who took away his child. He also got angry from his sister for whom he sold his wife’s jewelry and even kept his house on sale.

Angry John went to her sister house in the native village. There he found that his sister was dying of Cancer. When she saw her brother she begged his pardon. She said that she made a big mistake by not taking care of his brother’s son. She begged his pardon. But John went away from her house quietly.

He then moved towards the officer, who imprisoned him. He was going to ask the officer that why was he imprisoned. On his way he thought of taking revenge by stealing away the officer’s child. He went to his house and saw a beautiful girl coming out of the house and the officer was waving good bye to her. He thought that he would kidnap the girl and take revenge from the officer.

He forcibly takes the driver seat and takes the girl to an unknown place. The girl asks as to why he did that but he did not answered. When the girl tells John about her fiancée namely Kennedy who is a very efficient police officer. John feels a little pain in his heart. He feels that why would the police officer marry his girl with the guy whose name is similar to my son’s name. He tells the girl that it is due to his father, he lost his son and now by marrying you with the boy name Kennedy he want himself to be forgived. He snatches the locket in her neck. Opens it and see the picture of the girl and a boy. He asks who is he.

She answers that when a young girl puts the picture of young guy near her heart for all the times than this is obvious that she loves her and wants to marry him. John laughs and says that your baby love made John laugh for the first time after 10 years.

She asks John, Are you the one whom was imprisoned by her father. The one who was caught red handed by my father with drugs. John says that yes I am the one. But the drugs were not mine. I told your father that I am innocent. But he did not heard me. Actually it was the work of my brother who was engaged in this activity for so long. My only mistake was that I hide drugs when he was away. That day he was shot dead by your father in an encounter. And during search he found out drugs from my box.

The girl looked at John and said that do you know the Kennedy she is going to marry is his son. She says that her father brought him home, he was sent to boarding school. Later he was grew up so handsome and active that she herself could not resist her and fell in love with him.

John feels ashamed of himself. He writes a note to the officer and asks for sorry. He also thanks the officer in the letter. John begs his pardon from the girl and asks her to go home. The girl forces John to come with her and meet his son. But John denies as he feel so much ashamed of himself that he did not want to show his face to his son. He leaves the girl to her home and leaves the city forever.
© Copyright 2007 dev (waheguru_123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228348-The-prisoner