*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230235-When-the-Chapter-Ends
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1230235
A love poem of a women lost and heart broken trying to find light in darkness

                          When the Chapter Ends…

She's falling…slowly steadily breaking down. Broken promises shattered to pieces, A collection of her battered soul is tossed in the lost and found.

                      Love's light has been extinguished.

Rivers flowing currents of tears, tracing memories, outlining faded love shared through the years. Running, quickly she seeks a route. Fumbling, reaching for redemption in place of all this doubt. The sky grumbles eventfully. It twists and turns the children's play kites to its own personal missiles. Searching consol ace, she cries his name. Loneliness answers her screams, with his new found fame. Winds wrench at the branches reaching into her soul. Falling trees crash, dying. There's no more kites flying.

                                Complete destruction.

Sheltered from the storm she hides. The empty cellar echoes her pain. Cradled in her mother's womb, she whimpers for salvation. Darkness comforts the agony of her sorrows. The rain sings her a song of loneliness, joined by a terrain of tears. His smell imprisons her senses. Entranced, hypnotized by visions of lost love her sight is lost. Torn, dragged down … memories haunt her unspoken fears. Blood shed covers her body's silhouette as her heart begins to slow.

                              Thunder sounds its final good-bye.
In a distance the sun breaks through, shedding guidance. Gently, the wind blows against her cheek and softly throughout her hair. Standing tall, her eyes open to see the world reborn. Life is still living. Her innocence is gone. That chapter is closed.

                                  Nothing is left to salvage.

With a shield she’ll stand and with a dagger she'll stab. For the air, she can't breathe no more. The lost elements of love, the broken promises, and the careless whispers had poisoned her soul. Her trust, their love had been lost by Greed's seduction. Hardened and armed she steps forth with her eyes wide open to begin what some may call life, while others call it "Reality."

© Copyright 2007 beanner (sgdancer96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230235-When-the-Chapter-Ends