*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232038-The-Failure-of-the-Justice-System
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Legal · #1232038
none of this information is fabricated if there are any problems it was unknown
It’s the last place where anyone wants to be, the idea of being stuck in a room with an attorney, a judge and perhaps with a jury watching you make your every move. The justice system of America is considered to be the best in the minds of every American because they grew up with the notion that justice is done to those who commit the crimes in our society. Overall our justice system has placed more innocents in a prison cell than actual criminals. 90 percent of false convictions in rape cases in the US involved misidentification by a witness. Now that we are placing innocent people into a jail cell, the actual rapist or murderer is out and free to do whatever he or she wants. We boast that justice prevails in our country, but the truth is that we have no concept of justice, and the only people we endanger by our ignorance are people we care about.
People fall through the cracks in our legal system every day and go unnoticed by the public except by the victims themselves. One case was the case against Virginia McMartin and her son Raymond Buckey. A woman who, at the time, was an alcoholic and was suffering from schizophrenic charged them both with child molestation of her child. The case was under review by police, but the children, at the time, were too young to remember any event, so police coached them in what to say when no one was looking. Eventually the defendants were found guilty, but Los Angeles County Prosecutors realized the evidence was faulty and could not have been true eventually the charges were dropped. This is a just a small example of the injustice and ignorance that plagues our nation and deprives the common man of the rights that he inherited from our forefathers.
What would happen if you fell through the cracks of our society and nobody would help you, you had the rest of your life be determined by a court system that is up for the highest bidder? That is what happened to Han Ho Tran, he is a resident of 101 Maiden Lane, he was brought to court by real estate developers who wanted to take his property, so they created a false lease on his home they took him to court and attempted to get him evicted. The judge tried to get both parties to settle, but he refused to be used in their scheme to abuse the justice system. The judge ruled against him based on the credibility of the witness who gave false testimony. Two documents experts looked at the lease and found that it was a forged lease though he had two experts in documents and not one judge in the New York legal system would reopen the case. We live in a system where no justice is done, and abuse to lower and middle class by use of the legal system that has swore to protect now attacks us.
The one case we all can understand and mostly likely agree upon is the O.J Simpson case in 1995. O.J should have been charged guilty in his court trail the excuse that the glove don’t fit is a mockery of justice that cannot prove his innocence. One piece of incriminating evidence that was brought forth was the blood that that was found on the ground, which was a match to Simpson, and the only chance, someone else could have the same type would be a 0.5% percent of the population. Not only did he have fresh blood cuts on his left hand after the day of the murder. I tell you now that justice in this country is dead if we let the real murderers leave unpunished.
We proclaim that our justice is the best, and the true win, and ones who commit crimes in our nation are punished. Then let’s change our legal system by placing at least three judges, so they are not influenced by personal gain and can come to a better decision. Finally we should have the courts analyze the evidence closely and focus a great deal on DNA analysis so when they make a judgment, they can be sure the person did commit the crime. Lastly protection and one on one conversation with the judge and the witness alone, so the judge can make his own deductions before attorneys cross exam a witness. We have the resources to protect the rights of our citizens. Lets’ not be unfair with our people, with our nation, let us be responsible and righteous for even if justice is blind, then let justice at least see truth through logic.
© Copyright 2007 Last Devil (dflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1232038-The-Failure-of-the-Justice-System